V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
springer- and I are inviting 5 forum members to Big Boyz Dyno Tuning country side estate for a FREE dyno tune.

Whats the catch you ask? You must meet the requirements listed below.

You MUST...
1. Have a Harley
2. Be willing to travel
3. Have been previously tuned by someone else
4. Have a SERT or want to switch to a SERT
5. Have more than 50 forum posts between now and April 15th, Tax Day

Offer is selective based on individual circumstances not previously considered. Each applicant will be evaluated on a case by case basis but we are pretty much open if you meet the above requirements. Engine size, build type, components used and previous tuner doesn't matter to us in the decision process but the info will be required.

Here are some vacation ideas...
Laconia Bike Week Laconia, NH June 14th - 22nd, 2008
North American Blue Festival Rockland, Me July 12th & 13th, 2008
Maine Lobster Festival Rockland, ME July 30th - August 3rd, 2008
Acadia National Park

Disclaimer...
The term "country side estate" is defined as tent in back yard, couch in living room, floor of the shop or any local hotel YOU can afford.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Or try to tune bikes on the west coast with our (so-called) fuel. I think that the tunes would be quite a bit different with the same dyno machine.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
route66paul said:
Or try to tune bikes on the west coast with our (so-called) fuel. I think that the tunes would be quite a bit different with the same dyno machine.

You're welcome to truck it....bring your fuel.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I would LOVE to get in on this but I can't plan that far ahead because of work. Anyone would be lucky to be involved with this.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hdmarsh77 said:
I would LOVE to get in on this but I can't plan that far ahead because of work. Anyone would be lucky to be involved with this.

We're not going to do anything until after April 15. Why not sign on, you can always pass later if you can't schedule the time.

·
Registered
917 Posts
>>3. Have been previously tuned by someone else
>>4. Have a SERT or want to switch to a SERT

Sounds like a fun time for the "chosen one's".

Since you have conditions, I assume you want to use the 5 as a case study for this forum. What are you hoping to demonstrate?

BTW, thumbs up for not requiring the 5 to have your heads.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
What, no carb'd bikes................??

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Baggersport has a good point about throwing your hat into the ring, but declining later. The first three conditions are easy, and 50 posts between now and April 15 is about 10 a month. Unsure about the SERT, but going up to New England in the summer would be fun.

·
Administrator
11,239 Posts
ejk_dyna said:
>>3. Have been previously tuned by someone else
>>4. Have a SERT or want to switch to a SERT

Sounds like a fun time for the "chosen one's".

Since you have conditions, I assume you want to use the 5 as a case study for this forum. What are you hoping to demonstrate?

BTW, thumbs up for not requiring the 5 to have your heads.
No case study. We are hoping to help out members that have already payed for a tune and it doesn't run as well as they had hoped for. If one is perfectly happy with their current tune, they probably won't apply or be accepted. We are not looking people that want to see if they can squeeze an extra pound or two out of their current tune.

Our preference is SERT tuning. We feel nothing does a better job. We also see many people that shy away from the SERT for fear of not being able to find a good SERT tuner. This may give someone an opportunity to switch to the SERT if that is what they originally wanted.

The primary reasons we are doing this is to try to help the forum increase participation. Anyone can apply, even new members. Then by April 15th they need to have made at least 50 posts.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
springer- said:
No case study. We are hoping to help out members that have already payed for a tune and it doesn't run as well as they had hoped for. Yep that's me...pinging. If one is perfectly happy with their current tune, they probably won't apply or be accepted. We are not looking people that want to see if they can squeeze an extra pound or two out of their current tune. Nope, just looking to get rid of the pinging.

Our preference is SERT tuning. We feel nothing does a better job. We also see many people that shy away from the SERT for fear of not being able to find a good SERT tuner. Exactly right!! This may give someone an opportunity to switch to the SERT if that is what they originally wanted.

The primary reasons we are doing this is to try to help the forum increase participation. Anyone can apply, even new members. Then by April 15th they need to have made at least 50 posts.

:thumbsup:

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
Anytime you want to play with the DTT system, I can be there in an hour.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MaineUltraClassic said:
Anytime you want to play with the DTT system, I can be there in an hour.

Steve

Track me down in the spring, unless we get a warm weekend.......doubt that's gonna happen.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts