V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the Quick Release Detachable Windshield (low profile) for my '05 FXDCI for long rides. Figure I'll go see what they look like in person. Not a huge fan of windshields as I've ridden with them in the past, and they were just so-so. I try to do a few long rides each year and have about a 3,000 mile ride coming up in May. Just wondering if anyone had one of these low profile windshields on a Dyna? If so, I would love to see a pic and get your opinion. I like the feel of the wind, but after about the 8th hour of straight riding, it gets a little old.

Ogre

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine Aint so Small......or Short...however you look at it .
But love it !

If you're gonna get a removable, get the Solid Pressure clamps so you dont have to mess with an allen wrench everytime you fiddle with it.
Mine comes off / Goes on in less than a minute with Zero tools, and thats nice IMHO !

Got to where mine hardly ever comes off anymore tho...... Cuz its spoiled me.
( Wont be long before I'll be lookin at Geezer-Glides I guess... Lol. )

Be Well Friend.......

Budds........

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
i read on another site that people were saying the low profile shield is useless, some said too much buffeting. I think it was on the HD enthusiasts forum!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've got a Slipstreamer Mini-Police on my FXR and really like it.
It's 15" tall and gets the wind over the top of my head.

Mine's clear.
Tinted in photo.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Buffeting issue

I have the low profile HD compact detachable on my 99 FXD. At 5'7 it works fine ( you compromise some for it being a compact and not a full size), looks good on the bike if you can really say any windshield does. I would say if you are 5'10 or over go with the full length and not the low profile, you would probably experience buffeting with the shorter length shield.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Get the fixed mounted low profile. I have the QD low profile (can see over it) because I don't like to look thru windshields but in a pinch can hunch down a bit to be fully protected and because I thought I'd be taking it off for local runs because I'd look more cool:whatever: I've taken if off once in 2 yrs. The QD can be taken off (ie: stolen) in about 2 and a half seconds.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I use mine in the winter or on very long rides to reduce fatigue.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have the low profile, tinted, detachable and it stays on all the time except to clean or do maintenace up front. Choosing the low profile or standard height depends on how tall you are and whether you want to look over or through the screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts