V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the Detachable Touring Windshields 58570-96? I currently have the Detachable Compact Windshield 58034-96....but I get too much windblast for the long trips I take.

Or would I be better off in locating the stock windshield that comes on the bike in the first place? The bike is the Dyna Convertible.

Any input or suggestions are welcomed...
Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 99 Dyna-Conv and still run with the standard detatchable windshield and have not experianced any problems with it. I have heard of wind buffeting, but never experianced it myself. I like it and would never concider a long trip without it.:D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Do you guys look through the windshield or over it? I don't want to have to look through it (I'm 5'8" with a Low Rider) and am looking for a detachable windshield I can look over.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I hate looking through a windshield, cant stand it and would not have it. Sometimes a little "wind buffing" just plane needs to be put up with.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've been told you want the windshield top to be about even with your nose. That way you're looking just over it. I know it sucks when it's raining to not be able to see through it as well.

I cut mine down with a dremel tool, my buddy took his to a plastic company and they did his for $15.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts