V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to stealership a few days ago to get 4 Windshield bushings for my Road Kings windshield. These are the 4 black plastic/rubber thingys that your detachable windshield sits on when mounted on the bike.
Moco wants $4.85 EACH for them. I said Screw you and went to Lowes. got 8 thin washers the same size as the bushings and 4 plastic spacers about 1/4 inch. Measured to ensure the hole sizes were compatible.
Made a sandwich out of two washers and a spacer. replaced each bushing with a sandwich. It worked out beautifully. The windshiels even fits more snugly and installs and removes a lot easier.

Total cost for my mod after taxes was $5.12.
moco bushings would have been $20.75

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
good deal rusty, I'll have to remember that one cuz mine are kinda worn out! thanx for the tip! dynageno..................

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
RustyG said:
Went to stealership a few days ago to get 4 Windshield bushings for my Road Kings windshield. These are the 4 black plastic/rubber thingys that your detachable windshield sits on when mounted on the bike.
Moco wants $4.85 EACH for them. I said Screw you and went to Lowes. got 8 thin washers the same size as the bushings and 4 plastic spacers about 1/4 inch. Measured to ensure the hole sizes were compatible.
Made a sandwich out of two washers and a spacer. replaced each bushing with a sandwich. It worked out beautifully. The windshiels even fits more snugly and installs and removes a lot easier.

Total cost for my mod after taxes was $5.12.
moco bushings would have been $20.75
Nothing like sticking it to the man :yes:

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
LoL!!! Same song, different verse:

Went to the dealership to get those 3 little rubber washers that fit between the windshield chrome trim piece and the fairing. HD wanted $3.00 a piece for 'em. WHAT?? Went to Lowes and picked up packett of 6 for $.80.

My cost $.89
HD cost $9.49

DUH!!

o~\o

1 - 4 of 4 Posts