V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 fatboy with HD windshield and front deflectors.

I still experiance quite a bit of wind hitting me in the face. It still comes up from below kind of around the tank, especially on the right side. Granted wind is a cool thing at times but for cold weather riding, I bought these acessories, and I'm not impressed with the results.

Any comments/suggestions?

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
You could buy a Gold Wing....
seriously, I always wondered if those side deflectors did anything other than swirl the air arond a little bit differently. i like to look over my windshield so I went with the low windshield....even though it doesn't block as much wind.

·
Registered
695 Posts
steve67,
Thanks for posting this. All these shields and deflectors that I've seen didn't look like they would do much except for the windshield fairing I saw on Harley's deluxe touring bike. People keep telling me that I will want to get this stuff after I get my bike out on the highway on a long trip HA! That's a joke because I think they lost my order -- who knows when I'll get my bike HA!
But seriously I appreciate your post -- gives me more reason than before to say I don't want any of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'd like to have a cold weather machine but after splurging for the fatboy, I won't be buying another machine for a wile. Besides, I'm spoiled now. The machine would have to have that low end torque and sound.

The wind deflectors don't do a heck of alot. Guess I'll be using my full face helmit alot during the cold season.

I was thinking about a shorter windshield also. Don't like looking thru too much plastic. Wrecks the view.

Thanks for the reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts