V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am interested in buying a Winchester Model 94 30-30 saddlering carbine from a fellow here locally. Somebody was telling me today that I can tell the year the gun was made by the serial number. Was told that there are several web sites that I can verify the manufacture date. Have searched several websites and googled a bunch more but can't find out to tell the age of the rifle.

Can somebody steer me to the site??? Supposedly the 30-30 was manufactured in 1964.

Thanks guys,
o~\o

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
319 Posts
Winchester made all of the changes in 1964. The ones most sought after are the "PRE 64". I just picked up a 1976 model for $130.00 and it is in very good condition. More info at www.leverguns.com

"there being no charges filed---I stand mute"

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
MADDOG said:
Winchester made all of the changes in 1964. The ones most sought after are the "PRE 64". I just picked up a 1976 model for $130.00 and it is in very good condition. More info at www.leverguns.com

"there being no charges filed---I stand mute"
Agree 100% on pre '64 models. BUT this is a great gun, 99% of the blueing and the wood is great. Don't feel bad about going $300.00 for this one. Am still in the market for another 30-30 and am going to check out the link you included.

o~\o

1 - 5 of 5 Posts