1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the Willie G custom seat?

Is it leather or viynl?

How is it compared to stock?

Would the large passenger pillion work with this seat, I like the looks of the Willie G passenger pad and would like to put the larger passenger pad on once in a while, when the wife behaves I give her a ride on the weekends and really dont want to do the whole seat swap every time I want to swap out the passenger pad.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought the Sundowner seat (which comes with a passenger pillion). The seat is very comfortable (a lot more comfortable than the stock) and the passenger pillion is wider and better than the original touring seat. The Willie G seat is the same size as the stock seat and I don't think would be any more comfortable. Only my opinion.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Willie G seat and find it to be quite comfortable. However' it is firm. I've ridden almost 500 miles in a single day and my butt was in pretty good shape at the end of the ride. If you get one be mindful of this; the first 200 miles on the seat felt great, the 2nd 200 miles felt lousy (as if I were sitting right on the frame), then after that, almost magically, it was just fine. I've still got the small pillion on the back so as to discourage my wife from wanting to ride with me.

·
Banned
490 Posts
Blazin' Saddles..

bassist said:
the first 200 miles on the seat felt great, the 2nd 200 miles felt lousy (as if I were sitting right on the frame), then after that, almost magically, it was just fine
Have you considered the possibility that by the time mile #401 rolled around the nerves in your gluteus maximus were completely dead?

Actually, I have had good experience wearing a pair of bicycle shorts as underwear when doing very long runs. Not only do bicycle shorts have special sweat absorbing padding in them, but they are also designed without seams that irritate your skin during long days in the saddle.

The only downsides to this practice are that it may be difficult to find bike shorts in some of (ahem) larger sizes that Hog riders come in; and that such items of intimate apparel can be hard to explain to the more hard-core biker crowd.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Drew, I should have stated that more clearly. What I was referring to was the first 400 miles after the seat was installed, suggesting that a comfortable seat is awaiting you after that initial 400 mile break-in period. Comfortable, but it ain't no lazy-boy. I've got a windshield and wear a full-face helmet, but I gotta draw the line line at wearin' some special freakin' bloomers! A guy's gotta keep his dignity, ya know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bassist, thanks for the input.

Could you tell me if it is leather, I know the badlander comes in a leather model but I really want the Willie G. if it's leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts