V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
My tattoo artist and I made a deal. I install her new V&H Big Shots, SE Stage-1 A/C and SERT on her '06 Dyna Street Bob. In exchange she lays down some nice new ink on my arm. :) ~!Awesome!

Anyway, so I've done this job on a couple Softails and have the manuals etc for them, but never worked on a Dyna. I assume the SERT and the A/C go on exactly like it does on a Softail, correct? Same part #'s as well, correct?

My main question is with the exhaust. Dyna's have a closed loop system (unlike the softails), so I need to deal with the O2 sensors in the pipes. Are they just screw-ins, like on my truck? How easy are they to take off etc? What do I torque them back on to? Do they require Loctite too? Is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks a ton in advance...

·
Registered
62 Posts
the o2's are screw in DO NOT PUT LOCTITE ON THEM instead quite the oposite they should be installed with a small amount of anti-seize on the threads and just pull them down good and snug there is a crush ring on them similar to a spark plug really no big deal:duh?:

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Funny you should bring up the trading for tattoos. I owned a smally indy shop in '81 and traded a gal that did tattoos parts for her Sportster for tattoos for me and my friends. She did one on my forearm that is now on my wrist.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info... This is gonna be fun... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts