V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a seller on ebay is selling an 03 SPORTSTER manual via cd saying it should also work with the 01 and 02. I have an 01, should i trust that it is usable?

G

·
There were only minor changes in those years. The EBay CD's are bootlegs, but that being said they're probably accurate reproductions. Personally I'd bite the bullet and buy the book. It's nice to be able to turn to the page you need, rather than trying to print out the part you need for a job. Especially since so many things will refer to other sections of the book (i.e. "first disassemble the muffler bearings as shown in section 3-5, then remove the framulator as described in section 10-2, before proceding with steps 1 through 6 in this section").

Harris

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

I would purchase the genuine Harley-Davidson Service Manual specific for your year and model bike. I would also purchase the Parts Catalog specific to your year and model bike.

The convenience of the paper copy is worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I have both! The cd is great, perfect reproduction of the manual with hotlinks throughout. Easier to use than the manual but not a substitute by any means. Pretty easy to flip a page when your on the ground with tools in your hand. Your computer probably isn't down there with you. The convience of the cd is nice though, got a job to do, just print out all the appropriate pages before you start the job then take the printouts and your manual with you to the garage..... If yer only gonna have one, Manual for sure!!!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback. I was hunting on ebay for the part number for hte HD manual and they were pretty spendy. I revised my search to NOT INCLUDE the part number and i found a hidden auction that went and sold at $20. I won! I'm tempted to relist it using the part number - hehe

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts