V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short...rear ended a car at about 15MPH. I won't bore you with the details, but my biggest concern is my '05 Road King Classic. I can only say this because there were no injuries! Phew!

Anyway, the front fender, and the left side fork upper is toast. I'm sure that the internals may be screwed up. Maybe my wheel, hub, steering head??? I won't know until the dealer starts ripping her apart, but I am curious as to how many of you fellow riders have had the unfortunate experience of a rear end collision?

Have your bikes ever handled the same since?

I know I shouldn't worry as there is nothing I can do about it, but I'm just curious :dunno:

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
maxwellpolish said:
Long story short...rear ended a car at about 15MPH. I won't bore you with the details, but my biggest concern is my '05 Road King Classic. I can only say this because there were no injuries! Phew!

Anyway, the front fender, and the left side fork upper is toast. I'm sure that the internals may be screwed up. Maybe my wheel, hub, steering head??? I won't know until the dealer starts ripping her apart, but I am curious as to how many of you fellow riders have had the unfortunate experience of a rear end collision?

I know I shouldn't worry as there is nothing I can do about it, but I'm just curious :dunno:
Bikes can be fixed or replaced - just be thankful you were not injured. As long as the frame is not bent it should be a pretty straight forward repair. You won't be able to tell the difference when it's fixed.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
maxwellpolish said:

Hey, sorry to hear about the accident. I had a similar incident a couple years back when someone switched lanes and stopped in front of me. I had no frame damage on mine (Standard Road King) and I had toasted the fender, bars, tire, crash bar, forks , mirrors, windshield etc. Most of my damage was caused by me slaming into stuff as I went over the bars onto the roof of the car. The dealership put it back together and she was fine. This is the time to ask for chrome lowers if you want them and chrome cow bells or a Lindby bar, etc. I just payed my dealer the diffference in cost of the parts being replaced vs what I wanted and my bike was much nicer when I got it back. Rode it for 10,000 more miles without an issue before I sold it. As a bonus the "They all pull to the left." feature was gone once i got the bike back. Imagine that!
Bob P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts