V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I am in the process of getting my bike ready to trade off it is an 07' Road King. I had first tried a set of HD Screaming Eagles that did not scream. The bike was flashed and I installed the stage 1 air filter system.

I went to the V&H Big Shot true duals and a fuel pak. It was a very excellent set up!

I took off all of my accessories and installed the stock exhaust system along with the stock air cleaner system. I have removed the V&H fuel Pak.

My question is I need to travel about 60 miles to the dealer to make the trade. Will it hurt the engine any to run it very mild for this trip? The flash for the Eagles and stage 2 filter is still there.

Thanks,
Mike Roda

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Don't see how it could hurt. If I read your post correctly you are back to stock with the exception of the dealer stage 1 flash.
If that's correct I would think it might run pretty good.

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Considering they are lean from the factory, it's probably right where it should be. I'd ride it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!

Thanks guy's,
I figured that it should be okay but I figured that I had better check before trying it. I would hate to trash the motor on the way to the dealer.

Mike

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
hd.road.king said:
Howdy,
I am in the process of getting my bike ready to trade off it is an 07' Road King. I had first tried a set of HD Screaming Eagles that did not scream. The bike was flashed and I installed the stage 1 air filter system.

I went to the V&H Big Shot true duals and a fuel pak. It was a very excellent set up!

I took off all of my accessories and installed the stock exhaust system along with the stock air cleaner system. I have removed the V&H fuel Pak.

My question is I need to travel about 60 miles to the dealer to make the trade. Will it hurt the engine any to run it very mild for this trip? The flash for the Eagles and stage 2 filter is still there.

Thanks,
Mike Roda

No it won't hurt..............

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Curious, bike is only a 07, wht are you trading for? Your ass must be sore, so take the stock seat off right away.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
It wouldn't huert to carry a couple plugs with ya. I doubt you will need them though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts