V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this orginally in the Rider Gear section, but havn't gotten any responces. I'm running short on time to get the bag before my trip, so I figured I'd try this section.

I'm gearing up for a weekend trip with the girlie and am in the market for a T-Bag (sissy bar bag). I'm leaning towards T-Bags' Super-T because I can make it bigger/smaller depending on what we bring with us (I know my girlie will want to fill it to the brim).

I already have a Medium Low sissy bar (53282-06) with luggage rack attached. From the luggage rack to the top of the sissy bar pad is about 10". The pad is about 7" wide, 8" tall. So my question is, will the Super-T or LoneStar bag fit? Don't want to spend the $$ to find out it won't fit (i.e. doesn't have enough sissy bar for the bag to attach to). I don't want the bag falling off on the road.

According to the T-Bags web site, it states that the _pad_ has to be about 7" wide, 8" tall and 2" thick (mine is). It then states the top of the pad must come out the top of the bag mounting loop. Problem is, it doesn't provide the distance between the bottom of the bag and the top of the mounting loop. Hopfully its 10".

I'd rather not have to get a taller sissybar. If it won't fit, what bag would?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yup, I have the Lonestar bag, and it fits good over HD's meduim low backrest. I like to rest my TBag on my Fatboy's passenger pillion. I ended up using a rachet strap around the bag for a little additional mounting security. The TBags when fully loaded will tend to move around a bit with just the stock quick buckle nylon straps. Good luck

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I've got the same bike with the rack and sissy bar you're asking about. I ran the SuperT with the roll bag on top. No problems.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Guess I better get to ordering soon so it gets here before our trip. Any recommendations on places to buy? Thanks again. :thanks: :thumbsup: :wootdnc: :chopper:

·
PUB
201 Posts
petrock said:
Thanks for the replies. Guess I better get to ordering soon so it gets here before our trip. Any recommendations on places to buy? Thanks again. :thanks: :thumbsup: :wootdnc: :chopper:
I bought the Lone Star because it ridged and keeps it shape, even when not fully loaded. I called T-Bag and talked to the owners wife about all the different model, as no one in my area stocked any of the bagsbesides the Lone Star. Very helpful company.

Anyway, I ended up buying from the HD stealership. They knocked $50 of the T-Bag suggested price, and they had it in stock. It's a nice bag.

Good Luck,

Hud

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
petrock said:
Any recommendations on places to buy?
Zanotti has the Lonestar for $195 shipped (Drag #TBU450) and the Super-T for $212 shipped (Drag #3515-0043)

Discount Cycle Parts has the Lonestar for $196 shipped and the Super-T for $215 shipped, use the same Drag #s.

Call to make sure they aren't back ordered at Drag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts