V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Which engine manufacturer? Its my understanding that those type of engine run up to a half inch (or more) taller than stock, so might require frame backbone modifications...the mounting points should be fine.

With a cutting torch and a welder, you could prolly *make* it fit....

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
155"

They are too tall,but a 131" will.
Got one to do now,coming in from Buffalo, Saturday.
Dual S&S G's. Ya-hoo!!!!!!!!!
Merc, check your PM box, again.
Scott

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott,

Thanks.
It's already a 124. It's fast, but, for some people there's no such thing as fast enough I guess.
So, if he's going to take another step, he wants to go BIG.

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
merc1100sc said:
Anyone know?
what kind of a person would want a 155 in a night train??? you gotta love the guy, hes my kind of people...lol. ive had a 139 in a stock soft tail frame but a 155...woot! there are alot of well designed 131-139's that reach peak HP/TQ so fast that it feels like a 2 stroke dirtbike. i'd go 131-139 with the right builder and look out, imho.

anyway, good luck.

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
merc1100sc said:
Anyone know?
Yes it will BUT you'll have to modify the frame to accommodate the taller height of the 155" engine.

{salute( :woohoo: {salute(

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stratus said:
what kind of a person would want a 155 in a night train??? you gotta love the guy, hes my kind of people...lol. ive had a 139 in a stock soft tail frame but a 155...woot! there are alot of well designed 131-139's that reach peak HP/TQ so fast that it feels like a 2 stroke dirtbike. i'd go 131-139 with the right builder and look out, imho.

anyway, good luck.
Stratus, the funny thing is hes 5'3" and about 155# soak and wet. Its now a 124" 140/142. And, he's a pretty dam good rider at the track. Pulled an 11.77 in the 1/4 w/ a canned map 98" setup.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I agree with Stratus...Any man that want more than 140/140 on a night train has some balls for sure. I have ridden a similarly equipped bagger a little while back and it was borderline scary going WOT in town...Thats why i might be getting one....How bout taking up to a nasty 131 like Scott was talking about or even keeping the 124 and setting it up for a turbo...It would be more top end hp, but seems you guys like playing at high speeds...

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
if it will fit let me know...lol

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TXCHOP said:
I agree with Stratus...Any man that want more than 140/140 on a night train has some balls for sure. I have ridden a similarly equipped bagger a little while back and it was borderline scary going WOT in town...Thats why i might be getting one....How bout taking up to a nasty 131 like Scott was talking about or even keeping the 124 and setting it up for a turbo...It would be more top end hp, but seems you guys like playing at high speeds...
Actually, he just called me and now might want a turbo. But, would it hold together?

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
The 139 and 147 are 3/4" taller than stock, the 147 street and strip have been known to run away from a Hayabusa. The 155's that R&R and I build are 1-1/8" taller than stock. There are a couple of baggers out there running around with 155's in them.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
merc1100sc said:
Actually, he just called me and now might want a turbo. But, would it hold together?
If the motor setup correctly....maybe. Boost can be a best friend or an enemy. From the ones i have ran on the street in my cars, i had pretty good luck. The motor has to be set up for it though. Boost is like crack, just as addiciting. But he will be the only one around...

He doesnt want to cut and modify the frame for the 155 huh?????

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TXCHOP said:
If the motor setup correctly....maybe. Boost can be a best friend or an enemy. From the ones i have ran on the street in my cars, i had pretty good luck. The motor has to be set up for it though. Boost is like crack, just as addiciting. But he will be the only one around...

He doesnt want to cut and modify the frame for the 155 huh?????
I think he'd prefer not to cut the frame. Ya know.
Plus, like you said, the turbo would be really cool.

So, whos the resident turbo expert of this site?

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
merc1100sc said:
I think he'd prefer not to cut the frame. Ya know.
Plus, like you said, the turbo would be really cool.

So, whos the resident turbo expert of this site?

Nick Trask

AKA Trask Performance in Phoenix, AZ

www.turboyourharley.com

It' all about SPEED............:xhere: :spank: :xhere:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
If you go turbo route, compression, timing and fuel delivery are VERY!!!! important. Should be a fun ride though. Tell him to wear a diaper. Do keep us posted though.!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts