V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received used front rotor for '01 WG, was assured by seller the one he was selling me would work on my bike. Turns out it's an 11.8 rotor, the one on the bike now, and the one the spec calls for, is 11.5. Here's the rub: I got a great price on it and, even though used, the rotor is immaculate. If it clears the caliper (PM 6 piston) and bolts up properly to the wheel, any reason why I can't use it? Don't want to pull the wheel yet if I'm wasting my time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a '12 Fat Bob that's in need of a straight 11.8" rotor. If you can't use the one you picked up, I'll gladly buy it off you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent you a co
I own a '12 Fat Bob that's in need of a straight 11.8" rotor. If you can't use the one you picked up, I'll gladly buy it off you.
Happy to, started a conversation with you on this website but am pretty unfamiliar with the tool, don't know if you would have been notified. Will sell it at my cost, contact me for details by separate conversation if interested, if you click on my icon, I believe you'll have the option to start a conversation. Curious to see if it works. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
11.8 will not work on an 11.5 but vice versa will however wear a grove as contact surface is off by .3 and makes a huge difference. Also if I'm not mistaken the rotor on the 11.8 need to be counter sunk volt holes to clear. Be careful.

·
Registered
322 Posts
No, the 11.8" rotors [300mm] will only work with the H-D Brembo late model four piston calipers. You can't use the earlier H-D four piston calipers with the 11.8" rotors [they're too big in diameter]. On the older calipers you have to run the 11.5" rotors [292mm]. You could theoretically run the old model calipers with the 11.8" rotors but you'd have to have a machinist construct one off caliper adapters to make this work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts