V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fxst and want these bars for my bike. Is the turning radius restricted at all with these bars? Any clearance problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Texxen said:
Better off looking at Carlini bars......
Yeah, if you want to spend twice as much $$ and end up with minature sewer pipes for handlebars. Ok, ok, Carlini's look good but IMHO only on full dressers with the extra sheetmetel or light nacelles to offset the large diameter bars. I've got Wild 1 "Chubby's" on my '99 Softail and they look just right with the softail front end. The rise on my drag bars is 6 inches, the pullback is about 1 inch less than the stock bars and they are about 2 inches narrower. I have no clearance problems and they really lower the profile of the bike, plus you can hide all the exposed wiring.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Cables and Lines

Did you use a shorter clutch cable, throttle cables and brake line on your softail? I have the the Carlini clean sweeps 7" rise (sewer pipes) do you have a picture?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is between the Carlini 7" rise bars and the Wild1 lowprofile bars. I love the looks of the Carlini 1.5" beefy style bars but a bit steep on price. The low profile bars, by Wild1, are 4.5" rise with a 14.5" pull back. I think it will give the bike a cool stream-line look. I was concerned with clearance, but I emailed Wild1 and they said no problems on the stock fxst.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts