V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the tires haven't been kicked to death here about these cams. I was looking at the TC26 (07 chain drive version) to replace the HQ600 on my 107 with R&R stage 4 heads. Mine runs fine but was looking for a little less tendency to ping and perhaps pick up a few HP on top. I may loose a little bottom which I can afford, mine is a torque monster.
Other relevants:
FatCat quiet
HPInc 55 TB
DTT Wego II

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
With the cam you ahve you could still retain the low end and back the timing off a bit. You will stay have the push over tdc to drive the tq up. You may find that it will even increase some.

I have seen this cam in there entire package and it was not very impressive in a 103 kit. The peak numbers where there but it was rather lazy . Again that is there package though.

Why not run the 615 cam in a gear drive??

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Mike Roland is a very generous guy. I've picked his brain a couple times through e-mail. He even built me an ignition map and wouldn't let me pay!!! He's been really busy lately with a Bonneville effort, but I bet he'd shoot you straight if you asked him about his cams vs. HQ.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve
From your experience what would you predict would be the results comparing the HQ600, TC26, and the 615?

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
A lot of cams are specially designed for specific heads and in the case of the RR615 this is no exception. I like that R&R stage 4 head with that cam and have taken several of these to 10.5 to 1 and have no pinging. The way some of these other cams are designed to bloat the cylinder because of inferior port scavenging causes them to ping.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy
I hear ya. I picked the HQ 600 just for the reasons you mention plus it allowed me to use the 07 hydrachain which is a beta test for me before I can recomend the system in a high performance application. The higher lift intake and shorter duration and shorter lift longer duration exhaust mirrors the 615 but has a 47° intake close. The lobes are also assymetrical to enhance cylinder fill. It works exceptionally well but I do get pinging on the hotest days even with a very modest timing curve and a not overly lean off idle to mid range roll-on (ping spot). 107" .035 quench, flatops, 82cc stage 4 heads.
The WT cam actually reverses the duration bias so I am a little nervous about trying it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
nw_guy4_fun said:
OK the tires haven't been kicked to death here about these cams. I was looking at the TC26 (07 chain drive version) to replace the HQ600 on my 107 with R&R stage 4 heads. Mine runs fine but was looking for a little less tendency to ping and perhaps pick up a few HP on top. I may loose a little bottom which I can afford, mine is a torque monster.
Other relevants:
FatCat quiet
HPInc 55 TB
DTT Wego II
I installed wild things T1-G cams on my R.K. and I love em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts