V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has heard both, and which one has a deeper tone to them? i would still like to hear my radio on the highway, but would like them louder than stock and have a deeper tone. who makes the better quality pipe? i know both get good reviews, but i haven't heard either in person. HELP, i can't make up my mind!!!

thanks for the input.

jim

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Dear friend, just jump to the ARCHIVE of this web site (the bottom of the home page) and you will find literally HUNDREDS of replies, answers and opinions. Just go ahead like I did and I was very pleased to "discover" this zone!

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
sxviper said:
who has heard both, and which one has a deeper tone to them? i would still like to hear my radio on the highway, but would like them louder than stock and have a deeper tone. who makes the better quality pipe? i know both get good reviews, but i haven't heard either in person. HELP, i can't make up my mind!!!

thanks for the input.

jim
I can't comment on the Pigs. As for the Fullsac's, they are a stock muffler recored. So looks and quality is OEM. As for sound, they are quieter and smoother than most. Listening to radio is not a problem and no need for earplugs.With the continuous 2" cores, they dyno extremely well too!
RB

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Jim,

I got the Pigs on my 05 RK and they are the best. I've had V&H and the pigs are the best. I'm running 2 1/4 which are loud. If you get the Pigs, you should the 1 3/4 and you would happy. They sound just right.

Steve

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I know nothing about Fullsac mufflers, but I have had the most expensive Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle Performance aftermarket mufflers. After I had bought my Wil Pig Pipes/Mufflers, I threw the H-D SE muffs in the garbage!

So, the Wild Pig Pipes/Mufflers with 1 3/4" baffles are very loud with very deep sound. BUT, with 2" baffles, the muffs are much lauder, and have great and very deep sound that "comes-from-the-basement-of-your-house-and-the-things-from-you-shelf-fall-on-the-floor-and-you-feel-the-sound-in-your-belly"

Enjoy the life, enjoy the ride and enjoy your Wild Pig Pipes/Mufflers!

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
[email protected]
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the screaming eagle slash cuts on my electraglide, I just recently switched to the wild pigs with the fishtail endcaps. There is a world of difference the pigs are deeper in tone. I have the 2" baffles and running down the road with the radio I can still hear it fine I just turn the volume up a little more.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've got the 1 3/4 baffle Wild Pigs on my 05 RK Classic with about 12,000 miles on them. They sound good out of the box, I packed mine with extra glass and they sound even better. Real deep tone with no blat sounds. Got mine off as seconds off ebay. Great deal.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
sxviper said:

thanks for the input.

jim
Checkout Bobvic2 on ebay. He does pipes just like Fullsac. Does quality work and has recorded the pipes on a running bike. Does a 1-3/4" and 2" core. I have not put mine on yet because I am waiting to get either www.jet-hot.com ceramic coating on my headers or www.hackerpipes.com ceramic coated "true duals".

Bill

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
wkohn said:
Checkout Bobvic2 on ebay. He does pipes just like Fullsac. Does quality work and has recorded the pipes on a running bike. Does a 1-3/4" and 2" core. I have not put mine on yet because I am waiting to get either www.jet-hot.com ceramic coating on my headers or www.hackerlabs1.com ceramic coated "true duals".

Bill
Just like Fullsac's? Not quite. The bobvic "copys" fail miserably when compared to the Fullsac's. They are louder and make less horsepower. You want the best? Buy the originals from the inovators who spent countless hours on the dyno developing them. www.fullsac.com

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Road Bag said:
Just like Fullsac's? Not quite. The bobvic "copys" fail miserably when compared to the Fullsac's. They are louder and make less horsepower. You want the best? Buy the originals from the inovators who spent countless hours on the dyno developing them. www.fullsac.com
Amazing info. I think Bobvic2 has been modifing mufflers for about 10 years maybe longer. How long has Fullsac been doing it? 5 years? Maybe less? Bobvic2 has also done dyno work. :huh: Seems like someone is making a sales pitch for Fullsac. I on the other hand am making people aware of choices.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Road Bag said:
I am asking to make sure I have the facts straight and will post them here when I get them.

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
wkohn said:
Amazing info. I think Bobvic2 has been modifing mufflers for about 10 years maybe longer. How long has Fullsac been doing it? 5 years? Maybe less? Bobvic2 has also done dyno work. :huh: Seems like someone is making a sales pitch for Fullsac. I on the other hand am making people aware of choices.
The original post was asking for a comparison between Fullsac and Pigs. The bobvic mods may be great, but the same as Fullsacs they are not. You want to stick to the facts? Owner of Fullsac has been manufacturing performance exhaust componets since 1986. Have a nice day.
RB

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Road Bag said:
The original post was asking for a comparison between Fullsac and Pigs. The bobvic mods may be great, but the same as Fullsacs they are not. You want to stick to the facts? Owner of Fullsac has been manufacturing performance exhaust componets since 1986. Have a nice day.
RB
Being a man of my word I have found out that bobvic2 has been doing the mufflers for over 5 years and has over 1,500 that he has sold.

Now what is the key phrase here with Fullsac? "Owner of Fullsac has been manufacturing performance exhaust componets since 1986." So what have they been making in that time? Their true dual kit? They claim a 2-3hp increase when every other true dual system shows a decrease from the standard 2 into 2 headers. How is that possible when all the other companies have R & D departments with large budgets?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Side by side with my Screamin Eagle Performance Muffs, I have Wild Pig Pipes with 2" baffles as well as the second pair of 1 3/4" baffles. Honestly, I think the the both pairs deliver the same amout of loudness (yes, I am fully aware that the 2" baffles are bigger, no doubt about that !). 2" baffles have very nice and deep sound, but my impression is that when I use 1 3/4" baffles, that I can hear, side by side with well known very deep sound, also "middle-range-frequency-sound", and I think that that is very good.

So, even though I ride my bike (and muffs) with 2" baffles, I think that 1 3/4" baffles produce better quality sound.

Who knows, maybe I am wrong...................

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
[email protected]
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
stevek3101 said:
Jim,

I got the Pigs on my 05 RK and they are the best. I've had V&H and the pigs are the best. I'm running 2 1/4 which are loud. If you get the Pigs, you should the 1 3/4 and you would happy. They sound just right.

Steve
Is your bike carbed or fuel injected? I have had the pigs on my bike for the last couple of years and the sound is great, but I am still having trouble with the decel popping even after going to V&h's true duals and a power commander.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts