V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.....I put on the true duals after I couldn't stop the wild pigs from popping. Really cleans up the right side of the bike. Sounds really nice. Just a little popping that I was able to get out with the powercommander. But I'm not sure how long I'm gonna keep em. I can't decide if they're a little bit too loud for me now. I leave for work at 5AM and so I putted up the street this morning. But......I can see where this could be an issue......I know, I know.....somebody is gonna say 'screw em'. But I have little kids and if some arse hole was running loud 5am in the morning and woke them up (hell IF they woke me up....LOL) I'd be mighty pissed. I'll have to see. They weren't too loud with the throttle at the minimum and in 2nd or 3rd gear. But I must say that out on the road they are louder than most but not ignorant loud. Of course....with 1/4 inch turn of the throttle, it'll make you noticable if you need too...

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
You would not believe, but taking into account that I have Wild Pig Mufflers and RevTech DFO installed, I turned CCW the GREEN pot on the DFO right to - 01:30 o'clock (from initial 02:45 o'clock) and I eliminated popping almost totally. Does my bike run lean - I do not know, but I know that the bike runs great. Good throttle response, powerfull, well, honestly MPG is so-so. So, the present settings are G-01:30, Y-04:00, R-04:00, RPM-04:00.

I have to discuss this issue with Dobeck Performance, but I wait for more results in forthcoming days.

Best

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll do a search for your map RC. Is it on here somewhere?......maybe it'll be a little better than the powercommander download i used......I think I used the samson slip-ons......Can't hurt.....

Polled a couple of my neighbors this afternoon...(asked them questions.....didn't use my pole in anyway....:laugh: ). Anyway they said that I didn't wake em up so........looks like I'll keep'em for awhile. They do sound great!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hammy ,

I too started with the samson set up and it lead me to run too rich , so I developed a custom map. If you want it I can e-mail it to you or it is here on the forum somewhere.

When I went to the custom map my milage went back up to about 45 MPG average and I did not notice any flat spots. Heat went way down with the duals and cleaned up that right side.

let me know .

Lumpy

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rc......

I think I found it by doing the search....But I'd really appreciate if you could e-mail me it too........Just to make sure I got the right one. I noticed that my MPG went to crap. We've had pretty good weather of late and I've ridden to work almost everyday this week. Already went through a tank of gas. Thanks for your help........

Hammy

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks RC........Wow what a difference. I had to adjust the 0 Rpm some to get rid of the popping on the decel but........She ran alot better than with the samson map. Besides that.....I've been trying to convince myself these last two weeks that the "rich" smell was from the cars around me. After riding this weekend with the new map....Didn't smell a thing. Hopefully the weather stays nice this week and I'll be able to see if the MPG comes back to normal...or at least see a modest increase. Thanks again........

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
I don't know if the wild pigs baffles are removable or not, but if they are, you could try using a bit of steel wool packing for the baffles to try and tone it down some. Fiberglass works nice, but you'll be doing it over and over again as it burns up and blows out.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
yeah, they are removable. it only takes a couple mins to do each one...i think for the price and sound it's worth it. do you have the small baffles? that'll quiet it down quite a bit too.-2$en#e-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts