V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any one has had any experience with them? They are CHEAP for mufflers and was wondering if they are "cheap"? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
A friend of mine has them on his flhs. Got em on ebay like you said cheap. Overall for the money they are a nice set of mufflers. The baffle can be removed also. They sound good, and the chrome seems to be good. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the Road King Riders Delphi Forum a lot of guys like them. Never heard a bad thing said about them. I have Bassani's on my bike and they are deep and loud at full throttle.
Rinehart system on order so my Bassani's will be for sale soon.
Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
Really like my Pigs and have done a number of experiments, not mods as they are not permanent yet, with them. The quality is quite good and they have good customer service. They are a good product at a good price. For my needs, performance over really big sound, I have the 1 3/4" baffles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Send me an email and I will send you a pic of the Bassani's on my bike
[email protected]
They are in great shaped and the only very light scratches are from where the cotter pin on the castle axle nut vibrated on them. You can not in any way see this when the bags are on and have to look hard when the bags are off!
I would like to get $200 which includes shipping. New they retail for $439 and Dennis Kirk had them for $419.
Mike

POrky said:
Got a Pic and a Price on the Bassani's?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wild Pigs exhausts

I've run Wild Pigs slip-ons on my '02 FLHS (TC88) for five years and still love them. They are loud, which was the objective. They were incredibly affordable (about $129 pr pair) in 2003. They've held up very well-- just a couple small rust spots and a little rattle. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I can't understand why anyone would pay 3 or 4 times more for what you can get with Wild Pigs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
wild pigs

I agree, on my second set, still looking for the supposed blem.. anyway I get lot of compliments on the sound and I actually think that they are Rush pipes that didn't meet up to the standards so they sell them off to wild pigs. But anyway, they are the best pipe out there for the money....

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
I've installed many many sets of Wild Pigs for people around here, and they all love them. For $185 they are very hard to beat, with the 1 3/4" baffle they sound great and are not super loud. One of my buddies has 20000 miles on his set, and they still look like brand new.

Steve

·
Registered
541 Posts
I run'em with V&H true dual headers. I like them but have the 2" baffles so put a 5/16" bolt up the center in place of the stock screw. Helped a ton with back pressure and they sound excellant. I have a 96" build with cams, heads, pistons and they seem to work as they should. Quality seems very good to me. keepem sharp

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
wild pigs

I agree, on my second set, still looking for the supposed blem.. anyway I get lot of compliments on the sound and I actually think that they are Rush pipes that didn't meet up to the standards so they sell them off to wild pigs. But anyway, they are the best pipe out there for the money....
Did you have to remap your power commander (if you have one)? If so, how did you have it remapped?

I just ordered my pigs and i can't wait to put them on. I also ordered the 2 1/4" baffles with them. so they should have a deep bark.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
wild pigs

Did you have to remap your power commander (if you have one)? If so, how did you have it remapped?

I just ordered my pigs and i can't wait to put them on. I also ordered the 2 1/4" baffles with them. so they should have a deep bark.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Those were my first set of slip-ons for my bike. Decent sound and couldn't beat the price!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts