V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be buying new handle bars chubby wild 1 562's for my night train
those bars are 8 inch straight riser by 30.5 wide... do you think ill have to make my cables any longer the night train comes with 6 inch risers and only like 28 wide.... and what is the best way to install them.. to take the gas tank off and pull the wires off and then put them threw the bars wear the grips are and down to the risers.. or what... give me all the tips and everything... i dont think ill have to git new cables scence you guys are gitting those huge chubby pullbacks and your still fine but any suggestions....

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
midnight sporty said:
im going to be buying new handle bars chubby wild 1 562's for my night train
those bars are 8 inch straight riser by 30.5 wide... do you think ill have to make my cables any longer the night train comes with 6 inch risers and only like 28 wide.... and what is the best way to install them.. to take the gas tank off and pull the wires off and then put them threw the bars wear the grips are and down to the risers.. or what... give me all the tips and everything... i dont think ill have to git new cables scence you guys are gitting those huge chubby pullbacks and your still fine but any suggestions....
Don't know about the lenghts. That's something you will have to work out.

As far as taking the wires internal:

I took the tank off and took the pins out of their connectors. If you go this route, "stage" the wires by folding them back on themselves so it keeps the end that you feed through the bar smaller in diameter than the main run of the harness. Fold one back and tape off at 6-inches and the next 5-inches and so on. When that's done rap the whole thing with tape.

Lube the wires and bar up and it'll pull easily.

Watch out for the brake light switch and copper shim for the switch in the right side housing. Get the manual and read up on it. Take it apart carefully and pay close attention to these parts.

If done incorrectly you will brake the switch. Don't ask me how I know.

You could also cut and splice back together without taking the tank off.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not gittin those bars anymore cuz i want 6 inch rise and i want it the 1 1/4
thick bars and thick risers but i ant seem to find aftermarket risers wtih it being hallow so i can feed it all threw to the bottom of the riser if anyone knows wear i can git a set up without having a pull back i hate pullback bars
give mme a shout

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
had em on mine once and didn't have to change a thing. The bars didn't do it for me though and were actually on only one weekend. never ran the wiring through the bars on that set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts