V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
And we sometimes wonder why those of us who ride responsibly get looked at the way we do. Lock him in jail and throw away the key.

Ogre

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
D1ckhead! :nunu:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
They forgot to comment on whether or not he was wearing a helmet.

Or is that only if he kills himself in the process? :unsure:

·
Registered
213 Posts
What a maroon!

·
Registered
265 Posts
"Well, we talked with the young man," an Arlington police officer said. "He was frightened. He honestly told us he had no idea the police were behind him."

Yeah...RIGHT! :stupid:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
"He was frightened. He honestly told us he had no idea the police were behind him."

Hell, every one is behind ya at 140.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Just another idiot.
But living in L.A. (Home of the Freeway Auto Chase), that was boring video.
Where was the live commentary and play by play from the news reporters???
:corn:

·
Registered
227 Posts
That definately gives us all a bad name. Clearly not worth the risks, and he had to know they were after him because he started the chase initially.

I have to say though, one time on my dual sport, I jumped off the highway and off-road. Did it all the time, wasn't speeding prior, was private property, and I had permission. Later I saw a cruiser hauling butt up and down the road. I honestly didn't know he was there. I can only assume he was looking for me, but I didn't bother to ask. Still curious what law he thought I broke?:dunno:

Too bad this will add to the insurance rates for those few people who ride crotch rockets safely and only race at the track.

Just think of the liability of a manufacturer building these high HP bikes, just knowing that there will be some 23 year old kids out there on the streets on their bikes. Law suit waiting to happen in today's world.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Jeep said:
I'm not sure what this guy was thinking, kinda hard to outrun the helicopter news guys. This was on television on and off all day today.
Just amazing.... and you think loud pipes give bikers a bad name!!

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/6878589/detail.html

Thats like saying motorcycles make people outrun cops. Like guns make people kill each other. You just cany worry about morons

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
If the criminal was so pumped, why didnt he kick the cops bike over? Or, if the cop wanted to stop the biker, a .44 mag would tear that motor a new jug hole. It looked like a fine try at stupidity to me.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
That motor cop was doing a very nice job of handling his bike...Smooth!

The kid was looking a bit unstable. Once again goes to prove that its good riding skills and not usually the make of bike that keeps the shiny side up and biker alive and well! :chopper:

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
DM-SC said:
"Well, we talked with the young man," an Arlington police officer said. "He was frightened. He honestly told us he had no idea the police were behind him."
The warrant came from Dalworthington Gardens, where Storey pulled abreast of a motorcycle officer on Spur 303. The officer motioned for Storey to pull over and stop, but Storey ignored the order, swerved toward the officer and sped way.
Guess that defense it out the window, huh?:loser:

Storey's family members told NBC 5 that the suspect suffers from diabetes and could act irrationally if his insulin levels are not stable. They attributed Thursday's chase to an insulin imbalance.

98rk said:
The old diabetes defense. Hopfully it works as well for him as it did for the congressman.
Ok, seems from the story he has a history of evading arrest, etc. If the diabetes defense is going to be used, looks like he is a menace to everyone on the highway once he gets out there IMHO. If he is allowed to continue to drive after using such a defense, how long before his levels are unstable and he does something that kills himself and some innocent person? Seems he might have a history of his sugar levels going haywire. Aren't there laws that if you have a medical condition which makes it unsafe for you to drive, you're not allowed to?

I'm not saying we should not allow diabetics to drive as there are most likely some people on here with same medical condition. But if you have a repeated history of your sugar levels being off, wouldn't you be concerned?

·
Can it get any better!
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
loclhero said:
Just another idiot.
But living in L.A. (Home of the Freeway Auto Chase), that was boring video.
Where was the live commentary and play by play from the news reporters???
:corn:
The chase video they have on the link is mostly raw footage. While the chase was going on, the news commentators were having a field day! The reporters even stayed at the guys house after the cops left, video'd his every move, guess he was enjoying his 15 mins of fame.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
The police officer that started the initial chase did a horrible job. Once the person swirved toward him that is a threat and he should have at least fired upon him. This is from the report off the web site showing that he probably shouldn't even had a license.

"Police said Storey has an extensive record of traffic violations and other offenses. The Dalworthington Gardens police said Storey has a prior conviction for evading arrest, which means he now faces a third-degree felony charge."

·
Registered
432 Posts
Guys like that aren't concerned with a little thing like a license. They will ride/drive without one, and unless they do something stupid getaway with it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Fatb0y said:
The police officer that started the initial chase did a horrible job. Once the person swirved toward him that is a threat and he should have at least fired upon him.
Ummm, are you serious??? You want the persuing officer to fire his weapon from a moving bike, at another moving bike, on a public highway, for an evasion?? The motor cop did right, back off before an innocent life gets taken. There were choppers in the air, the kid was going nowhere.

Easy on the trigger, it wasn't a serial father raper that was running in a Mack truck with blazing guns, it was a squid that has no value for his own life or that of others. Back off and go at him another way.

Good job, guys, just try to communicate with your neighboring counties a little better.

darrell

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.