V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member here. I'm hoping some of the RoadKing members can help me out. I recently bought an 08 RoadKing & like many others have stated the stock bars kinda suck!
I'm 5'-10, #270 & while I don't have unusually short arms by any means the stock bars are a bit of a reach. My plan is to pick up a set of the Wild 1's Chubby 10" mini-apes & was hoping I could see someone my height sitting on the bike with those bars so I can get an idea of what my reach would be....

Thanks again,
Clay

·
Registered
15 Posts
I,m 5'10" and should have my Wild 1 chubby outlawz 10" tomorrow. I will be installing them on a 2011 road glide. I will be glad to get pictures if it will help, I know you have a road king but seat position and bars should be close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I,m 5'10" and should have my Wild 1 chubby outlawz 10" tomorrow. I will be installing them on a 2011 road glide. I will be glad to get pictures if it will help, I know you have a road king but seat position and bars should be close.
Did you get your install done? Pics?

Thanks,
Clay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi... New member here as well... I'll upload a pic and try to help you out... We're almost the same size... I'm 5'10, 280... I have a 2010 Road King with the Wild One 10.5 mini apes.... Love them but wish I went for the 12.5....

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here are the 10 inch ww chubs on my King.... I'm 5'10", think I would have liked the 12's better........

By hoofmender at 2011-04-12

By hoofmender at 2011-04-13

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
12.5 inch

5'7"
armpit to knuckles 24 In"
bars set parralle to forks
reclined into backrest feet on highway pegs
While griping the bars I have arms slightly sloping down, perhaps not 0.25 per inch and arms are straight horizontal. Sitting straight up I have bend in my arms and much increased manuverability. Leaning forward when getting down and dirty seems needed. Thumbs or fingers dont go numb from hands higher than shoulders.
I can incline the bars forward up to the shield and then higher than shoulders, but numb fingers, some times and forget reclining.
Try some bros bikes and get a good feel for what will work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts