V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the Wild 1 Chubbys on a Street Glide? Will they block the view of the fairing mounted mirrors? Thanks

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I have them on my EGC, yes they will block your fairing mounted mirrors. Your hands are moved out and up enough you won't see anything in the mirror. They are comfortable though, I'd look into plugging the hole and putting them on with bar mirrors. Just my 2cnts.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I'm not married to the fairing mounted mirrors. I actually don't think they allow very good rear visibility. I might even go ahead and get a new color matching fairing without holes.

Thanks again.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
No prob, just make sure you get the service manual. It should take you about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs to change out just the bars. You have to pay attention to the wire plug number/color coding. You have to take the plug apart to run the wires inside the bars. You'll see if you get the book, it's real easy, just takes a couple of hours and one or two beers. Any more than that and you might not see the numbers too clearly!! :beer:

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Wild 1 on FLHXI

I currently have this set up! Yes the mirrors have become totaly useless, unless a great view of your Knuckles is acceptable, however Traditional mirrors are easy to install by removing chrome plugs in lever perch, Harley even has black available to stay with the theme. Many early Streetglides had a mirror recall wich includes replacing inner fairing to eliminate holes from Fairing Mirrors. Mean while I used black automotive push plugs to cover holes and they look pretty good.
Zen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts