V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something I thought I would pass on...........

On 27th June this year I bought and fitted a set of new Wild 1 Chubby handlebars to my bike. I will add at this point that my bike is garaged, never touches the road once the first gritter hits the road, and is kept spotless. (In the UK when it gets a bit frosty they grit the roads with a mixture of salt and grit, not good for any finish)

Now the bike has been laid up for a few weeks now and today I fitted a new braided front brake line. While doing so I noticed a little surface rust where the risers meet the handlebars, and I'm not impressed. :whatever:

I cant see any alternative but to tear everything down and get the bars re-chromed.

WB

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I've had Chubby's on my EGC since this summer. Here in NJ it's quite humid. We get our fair share of sand and salt on the roadways in the winter as well. I ride year 'round, (although not today with snow and ice greeting me this AM) I guess I'm lucky? No rusting or tarnishing on my Chub. Bars that is!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those who work at at Wild 1's are good people. I bet if you explain your situation they will make good on their product.

It sucks that you have to redo the set up though.

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,275 Posts
I/ve had no problems with my bars either, and New England weather is very much like.......well, England!! I'm sure if you called Wild 1, they exchange a set for ya. Of course shipping is gonna kill you!

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
I just sent them an e-mail about a top clamp that the chrome started to peel.

They replied that a new one was in the mail. Got an e-mail back in about 1 hour and the UPS shipment info about 1 hour after that.

That's customer service. The purchase of the clamp was made in March this year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent them an email yesterday, I'll wait and see what they say, however, I suspect it'll be cheaper and quicker to get the bars re-chromed.

WB

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Have had their bars and risers for three or four years now with no problems.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Below is an email I received today, it would appear that this company has an old fashioned attitude to its customers. If they do stand by this and I have no reason to doubt them, then this is top service.

Perhaps being a little slower to judge on my part would have been a fairer option, as clearly I was way off base.

Paul,

Sorry to hear this, we very seldom have a problem with the finish on our bars.
We stand behind everything we make and if there is a defect in the finish on
your bars we will replace them with a new set at no charge.

Per our records you purchased WO500. We will need you to ship us the
problem set via the postal service and once recieved we will ship you a
new set at no charge and issue a credit to your credit card for the return
shipping.

Call anytime we can be of service.

Thank you,
Don Schultz
Wild 1 Inc.
800-337-8870
Fax 714 536-1941

1 - 8 of 8 Posts