V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
We have not heard back from thetryal on this. I wonder if it's been properly diagnosed. I mean really, the guy asks for help and doesn't come back with an update? Reminds me of R Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket. "Pile,

you don't have the common courtesy to give a guy a reach around!" :confused:
hahahahahahhah.........:spank:

·
Registered
1 Posts
08 Dyna Super Glide Custom vibration through frame

on mine (07 Dyna) the clevis pin that mounts the kickstand was hitting a case bolt when you used the rear brake thereby telegraphing the engine vibe to the frame. My dealer cured it by installing the pin backwards.
Hi,
I had exactly the same symptons on a new 08 Dyna Glide Custom and as Wannavee says was due to Jiffy stand clevis pin (attached to bike frame) touching an engine case bolt.The problem is that the clevis pin is too long and vibrates rearwards towards the engine block.My solution was to tap the clevis pin away from the engine and put an "O" ring over the head end of the pin to take up the difference in length thereby keeping the "R" clip end of the pin away from the block--job done.
Ride safe good to be a new member

·
Registered
172 Posts
After all the money in fixes that "didn't" fix the problem, I discovered that the rear motor mount I bought to replace the bad motormount was defective. Hell, when the new mount didn't fix it I didn't even think to check the new mount. Who'd a thought it would be a piece of crap? Seems I'm learning that this isn't a rare occurence either when it comes to replacement parts these days. Don't know exactly where they are all coming from but just so you know; some of these engine mounts (isolators) are made in China of all goddamn places.

See the link for my original complaint. I put on "another" rear mount and it is o.k. for now.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/d...-discussions/122903-fxdwg-98-frustration.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Were you on the front brake at all when you experienced the vibration? If so, you may be suffering from the famous front end clunk. Correct torquing of the steering head bearing adjustment nut and the top stem nut may be needed. If it is an 06 or later Dyna, Harley has a new washer to replace the OEM washer under the top stem nut. The part number for this washer is 45740-07. This replacement nut is per service bulletin #M-1215a.
This solved part of my problem, and is great info.
The other thing seemed to be an excessive load on the rear fender, which not only caused the vibration, but a severe wobble at low speeds.
My solution to the later, was to ditch the 280 lb girlfriend and send her back to her ex. No more vibration.
Got rid of the passenger seat and footpegs.
I currently get a bit of wobble at very low speeds, but only when am carrying a lot of gear in sissybar mounted luggage.
I think the nut needs a slight adjustment.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The other thing seemed to be an excessive load on the rear fender, which not only caused the vibration, but a severe wobble at low speeds.
My solution to the later, was to ditch the 280 lb girlfriend and send her back to her ex. No more vibration.
Got rid of the passenger seat and footpegs.
I currently get a bit of wobble at very low speeds, but only when am carrying a lot of gear in sissybar mounted luggage.
I think the nut needs a slight adjustment.
when you load the bike up with all that weight hung as far back ont he bike as yu can do you adjust the rear preload on your shocks to compensate?
If you dont carry a pillion turn the pack around and stick where the dead wegith would have been. I dont think its a fault in the bike your experiencing just the effect of the way you load the bike up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
09 FXDC engine vibration

Someone posted an excellent solution to the common vibration problem in new Dyna models (including great close-up photos) of the replacement and readjustment of the front motor mount spacers preventing them from bottoming out on the frame which in turn causes the vibration transfer to the frame.
I cannot find that post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vibrations

I have a 09 Classic and when I let off the throttle i get the vibration and when I step on the rear brake with clutch out it really shudders, Harley didnt listen to me and replaced the rear rotor but its goin back in the shop any other ideas i can relay to them

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an 07 lowrider with the same problem. Between 20-30 mph while slowing down my pegs are vibrating pretty good.Sounds like front motor mount? Is it possible it could be that clevis pin on jiffy? Had a new front mount put on last year,5k miles ago. I would hope they last a little longer than that.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Now that is some funny shyt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I have a similar issue with my 2009 Fatbob, increasing vibration at higher speeds, clutch in and it had almost disappeared. I checked the fwd mount and it had sagged, after changing it out I hoped it would all be clear. The vibration now is more at stand still and in the lower gears, at cruising speed is fine, well the usual for a fatbob, going up through the gears is really quite bad. I can't hear any rattling from the compensator. Any ideas?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts