V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 flstfi with a 130 tire.I dont know anything about wheels and tires other than i would like a wider tire.What would i need to do(modifications) to change my current wheels/tires to wider one.I believe the 150 is what i'm interested in.I dont even know the numbering specs i would need.Could use the help.thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
As long as your rear wheel is at least 3.5" wide the 150 will fit fine. I'mm running a 150x"70"x18 on my Softail right now. Note the "70." Lower profile because I slammed mine 2" and like the look. With the custom aftermarket rear wheel,(18") the tire and rim diameter are the same overall diameter as the stock 16" wheel and 90 series tire. Bottom line, I think the 150 will fit but you'll have to watch clearances on bolts inside the fender for the struts, etc. May have to shorten the aspect height a little too, but no big deal. Having the ability to raise or lower the rear of the bike will give you some additional adjustment that will come in handy too..

I'm getting ready to try and stuff a 160x60 or 170x60x18 tire inside my swingarm. I know I have some serious adjustment ahead of me, but I've measured and it looks like it will work.

DLR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts