V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll soon be needing a new set of tires for my 05 EG classic.What are your thoughts on how a set of tires with the wide whitewalls would look? The color of the bike is black cherry.I have never seen a set of wide whites on a EG classic. Thanks for your input!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Doesn't matter what we think.

If you think it's groovy, then so be it. ;)

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
My B-I-L asked me the same question, only for his Heritage (also black). I said I thought the wide whites would look sooooo cool and classy. He bit, and they look awesome. He is very pleased too.

YB

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Had 'em on my RKC, finally went to all black. Bike looked better with black walls. The wide whites are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$ keep clean. Bottom line? It's your scooter, do what YOU like.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
Had 'em on my RKC, finally went to all black. Bike looked better with black walls. The wide whites are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$ keep clean. Bottom line? It's your scooter, do what YOU like.

Yup blackwalls for me as well .......my goal is to wear out tires not fluff them for cosmetic gratification lol. rat

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
The wide whites are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$ keep clean.
I've got them on my 06' Ultra with lydall z pads and stainless rotors. 1800 miles and have not had to clean the wide whites yet and they look brand spanking new.:harhar: No brake dust from the pad/rotor combo makes life very nice with Wide Whites~!Awesome!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
What you like is what counts. I always stay away from white lettering or walls, looks bad when it gets old. But with a bike, if you go through a tire or two a year then probably won't have time to get old. But if you don't do a lot of riding might.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
like Pontiac use to say, "Wider is Better":thanks:

:roflback: :roflback: :roflback: No..... not Pontiac, that's what my wife says!!!!! :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
As she picks up the Bon-Bons?

·
Registered
59 Posts
bedemonster said:
I've got them on my 06' Ultra with lydall z pads and stainless rotors. 1800 miles and have not had to clean the wide whites yet and they look brand spanking new.:harhar: No brake dust from the pad/rotor combo makes life very nice with Wide Whites~!Awesome!
Bedemonster--how 'bout a pic of your scooter? I had WWWalls on my RKC and loved'em--werent too bad to keep clean. I now have an 06 EGC in Black Cherry--and may want the wide whites for it.....

PEZ

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
If you have spoked wheels it may look good. With mag wheels I dunno. Don't believe it would look that cool.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I switched to the wide white walls on my 03 FLHTCI silver/black edition with the gold mags. It totally took the bike over the top with a nostalgic look. Haven't seen any other mags with WWW, so it gives my bike its own distinct style. I love them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts