V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

My 2001 FXST is on its way to the workshop later next week to have my long awaited wide ass kit done!!!

I'm having a spoked 10.5 inch rim fitted with 280 tyre and I'm converting to RSD!!!

Do any of you guys out there have or Know someone with a bike, with this size conversion, or with RSD?

I know it seems big, but I have allways loved the look of wide ass kit's

If anyone has pictures or personal veiws, I would love to see or here what you think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do like the look of the fat arse conversions and many agree
RSD is the way to go to keep the bike in balance. But I have never ridden one
and I would not like to do something so drastic with out knowing what effect
it might have on the handling. Unless its just a bar hopper,

I will be interested to know how you find the handling after the conversion
Regards Kev.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah me too let us know how you get on.
Im thinking of doing the same thing but im going to chain and was going to use use the metz 300.

What parts are you using and where did you get them from??

Cheers Gaz

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
wide tire bikes

Chubby's Choppers in Lansing MI specializes in 300mm wide tire conversions for stock softails. Check out their website for pics of the bikes. They are awesome, and mechanically sound. Perfectly balanced like it came from the factory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wide Tyre

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses. Sorry I've not responded sooner but its been, a bit of a busy time for me!

Thanks also for the site HDwidetyreman. I Like It!!!!!

Dyna Gaz1, I'm using a Penz swing arm, which is for a 300 conversion, with a 10.5 inch rim & 280 Metzler tyre. Nice thing is I can put a 300 on, when I get used to the Bike!

For the RSD I'm using a Zodiac transmission conversion kit, which is a lot cheaper than buying a New Tranny.

My bike is booked in next Friday to be done, and I'm looking at around 4 weeks to be completed. When this is done I will send a couple of photo's.

Good luck

Goodsy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Goodsy,
where in England do you live and who is doing your conversion??
I was told that it is a 32 hour job so i was going to do it myself to save some $$.
I am going to use the 300 smart arse conversion from Zodiac.
www.Fatboyzdiner co.uk do Zodiac parts cheap and dont charge VAT.

Good luck and send us those pics straight away

Gaz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wide tyre

Hi Dyna Gaz1,

Be very careful with the Zodiac kits, if your doing the installation yourself.

They look very good for the money, but the general feed back from the builders over here in the UK, is that they can need some modifying in order to make them fit right.

I live just south of London!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts