V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a 180 on the rear of my wife's 06 Lowrider.

HD has the Wide Tire Kit #43768-06. Not sure exactly what is in kit, but I am confused by what description says.
Fit '06-later Dyna® models (except FXDWG, FXDF and FXDSE models). Installation of Rigid Sideplate Kit P/N 52856-06 on models without saddlebags requires separate purchase of Hardware Kit P/N 53975-06.
I installed Rigid side plates for the mini sissy bar. So what is this other part it seems I need? When I checked that part's desciption it says
Required to install Rigid Sideplate Kit P/N 52856-06 on '06-later Dyna® models (except FXDWG, FXDF, and FXDSE/2) equipped with Wide Tire Kit P/N 43768-06. Requires separate purchase of Turn Signal Relocation Kit P/N 68732-02A or 60215-06
So what the hell? I don't want to relocate her turn signals. Do I need these other parts or just the Wide Tire Kit alone.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
I was confused too. So I just ordered the tire only. Should be here today. I plan on mounting it and seeing if there are any clearance issues and going from there.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pikeslayer said:
I was confused too. So I just ordered the tire only. Should be here today. I plan on mounting it and seeing if there are any clearance issues and going from there.
Please report back.
Do you have the rigid sideplates?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I was wondering this same thing. Let us know what you find out.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
I do not have the rigid side plates (not sure what they are). I just bought the tire only. I have the spoked rims. Does that mean I have a tube? The tire I purchased says tubeless only.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rigid Sissy Bar Plates

I Believe There Are Two Types, The Rigid And Detachable.
I Installed The Detachable On My 03 Dl For The Sissy Bar And Had To Get A Kit To Adjust For The Detachable Post For The Turn Signal. This Post Has The Center Drilled Out To Run The Wires
To The Signals. The Turn Signals Have To Come Off The Original Mount For The Detachable Side Plates. Hard To Describe But Easy To Do. I Hope This May Help.
Td

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Rigid Sideplates with the turn signals in their original location. I want to keep it that way.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Pikeslayer said:
I do not have the rigid side plates (not sure what they are). I just bought the tire only. I have the spoked rims. Does that mean I have a tube? The tire I purchased says tubeless only.
That tire won't work with your spoked rims. It's a radial, must be run tubeless.

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
ChopperDude said:
That tire won't work with your spoked rims. It's a radial, must be run tubeless.
This has been a source of confusion for me. I called the dealership and they said "all Harley tires are rated to run with a tube." Not sure what that means, exactly, but I took it mean I could run a tube in it.

I'm going to start a thread on this in the Wheels/Tires section.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Don't all spoke rims require a tube? or am I wrong?

·
Thread Ender
3,968 Posts
wpnssgt said:
Don't all spoke rims require a tube? or am I wrong?
Yeah, pretty much (all spoke rims require a tube). I guess you can have the rim sealed where the spokes enter, then you don't have to use a tube. That just scares me.

The issue here is whether or not the tire I purchased can accept the tube that I must run.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
ChopperDude said:
The tire that comes with the 43768-06 kit is a 180/60B17. The "B" stands for belted construction, not radial.
Harley states: This easy-to-install kit fits with the Original Equipment 17" wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts