V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the search thing and read tons of posts with not a one really addressing my concerns. I've recently put on Passing Lamps on my 04 Wide Glide and would like to install a windshield, I would like to put a detachable shield on, but because of the Passing Lamps I'm very limited on what is available. I like the sport type shields and the only ones I think I'll be able to use will be the handle bar mounted type. I'm leaning towards Memphis Shades either the SHOOTER (14" high) or Classic Deuce (18" high). I know that they are not detachable but was wondering how much time would it take to remove them, everyone says that I won't want to take it off after having a shield.
Any recommendations on which one would be better or photos would really help me out, how about the handle bar mounted shields, good or bad?

[/IMG]

·
Registered
178 Posts
I swear, not 10 minutes ago I was wishing I could see some Wide Glides with passing lamps, since I'm considering adding some if they ever come available for the '06's.

Oaksmith, I can't help you with your question, but would you mind posting some more pics?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not my bike,,,,,,,but I think this windshield would work my my passing lamps! Can some one tell me what shield is on this bike?

I take some more photos of my bike today with the passing lamps for you Gary_L.

I've always liked passing lamps on every bike I've ever saw them on, so I said what the -- I'm putting them on!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Why cant you just swap your spots and brackets to let them hang down? Would seem to give you more room to mount any type of windshield. I have not done this, but it is what I had planned to do with my W/G. Just a thought! Ed

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed

I thought of that and even temporary put them on upside down. The reason I thought better of it was that the wire was coming out the top of the mount and stood out like a sore dick, If I could have came up with a way to hide the wire better, I might have done it. Anyway thanks for replying!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oaksmith, the windshield in the pic you posted looks to be the Memphis Shades Classic Deuce. Of the two choices you named, the Deuce looks to be the best way to go for the most protection.

Thanks for posting the pics.

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Harley has a windshield that quick detach and made for running lights on the site.. Saw it listed for my 05, but should be the same for the 04, if you have the 05 big book it's in there.

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts