V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to put a set of Weld Racing wheels on my 2004 Wide Glide. The stock rear wheel is 3.00" x 16" but the Weld Racing wheel is 3.5" x 16".

Does anyone know if I can safely put this size on without changing anything else or running into fitment issues?

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, stupid question, I guess.

According to HogPro, the 3.5" x 16" is the standard replacement size for my bike and I can even go with 3.5" x 18" if I want without any problems.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
There you go Snaps...............answered it yourself ha!....I think you can go to 4.25 also and just need different spacers.

Happy New Year 2006...............Ozzie

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks Ozzie.

The girl I spoke to at HogPro actually said the same thing, but that it would be a close fit.

I was actually originally thinking of PM wheels, but after your ordeal I decided to scrap that and go with the Weld Racing wheels.

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
I run a Deuce 4.25" x 17" rim on my 2003 FXDWG and used all the stock spacers no problems......Ward

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Question about those taller rims

hey HogPro, I'm getting closer to picking out a set of wheels and I have a question or two for you.

1. I like the new Daytona! But I can't find any pics of them on bikes at your web site. Any chance you could post a couple? I'm dying to see those on a bike!

2. I like what you're saying about being able to run a 18 x 4.25/160 MM Metzler. Are there any issues to running a taller rim opposed to a 3.00 x 16/150 stock size. Will I lose or gain any handling issues if I go taller on my '04 DWG? I don't want to sacrifice handling for looks.

I noticed you had a Christmas special. Any New Years specials coming up?

Thanks! rpb

·
Punch It!
356 Posts
Hogpro, thanks for straightening me out. In that case a Deuce 4.5" x 17" rim with a Metzler 170/60-17 tire fit perfect under my 2003 FXDWG which has 2001 sheet metal (narrower than 2002 and later, but mountd with the 2003 rear struts) I used all the stock FXDWG spacers and such. The rear caliper does need notching to fit with the deuce rim. Thanks...........Ward

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Ward, We havn't tried the 170, however it should work. There is no need to notch the caliper when using a 18" wheel. It will clear fine.

Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
67 Posts
Daytona is a brand new wheel. Pics coming up today on our '06 Night Train. 18 x 5.50 rear with 200 tire and 21 front. If you stand the 18 x 4.25" with 160 mounted next to your stock 150 on the 16" rim the height is almost identical because the 160 has a 60 series sidewall. (low profile). So gearing, speedometer, and handling is unchanged. (There is a Street glide with a set of Daytona's on our gallery) Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
67 Posts
'06 Night Train With 18 Rear

Here is our 2006 Night Train with a set of our Hogpro "Daytona" chrome wheels. The 18 x 5.50 rear carries a 200 MM Metzler and opens up the wheel nicely. Watch this bike for more adds coming.

Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts