V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread about CycleCustomizing and how i seem to be out 76.00 and how they won't return emails and phone calls , and now their website is down.
My question is why move my thread to some obscure part of the forum that no one reads?>
CycleCustomizing was or is a sponsor here at least i thought they were before they took my money!!
Why not let everyone know before they get screwed like me.
When someone is a sponsor here i should fell confidant about them , i also should feel confidant that this forum will let us know if there having problems with a sponsor.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
Cyclecustomizing has not been a sponsor for a few months now. They never followed through with their plan on sponsorship from what I understand. There have been a couple threads on this subject. Sorry to hear what happened.

Being a site sponsor myself, I believe it is important to feel confident in the sponsors. Also being a moderator has given me a chance to see it from "behind the scenes". Having read DP's posts on the subject I believe he does his best to have only reputable sponsors.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
mori55 said:
I posted a thread about CycleCustomizing and how i seem to be out 76.00 and how they won't return emails and phone calls , and now their website is down.
My question is why move my thread to some obscure part of the forum that no one reads?>
CycleCustomizing was or is a sponsor here at least i thought they were before they took my money!!
When someone is a sponsor here i should fell confidant about them , i also should feel confidant that this forum will let us know if there having problems with a sponsor.
Cycle Customizing hasnt been a sponsor of this forum since July of 2005. They were onboard for one month exactly.

The thread was moved because we have specific forums that topics are to be posted to. A dealership/Shop Experience happens to be one of them.

Sorry to hear about your loss. That is the exact reason why they are no longer with us. I was gracious enough to leave the link to the thread that you posted. Its now moved to the proper forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
260 Posts
tibs said:
Report it as fraud to your credit card company.
Or if Paypal was used--another popular methed of payment offered by lots of businesses today--report it to them.

I was taken by a group named "Bad Biker Outlet". I reported it to Paypal as "merchandice not received" and the money was in my account 2 days later. It deserved a bananna dance.:Banadance

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
mori55 said:
I My question is why move my thread to some obscure part of the forum that no one reads.
I read engine mods, spend mroe time reading techincal threads. Instead of reading threads on......

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
berserker said:
I read engine mods, spend mroe time reading techincal threads. Instead of reading threads on......
I'm the same way, if someone had posted that they were having problems with a certain company in the general or tech threads chances are i would have seen it. To be honest the place were they want to move this warning i have never been on.
Plus how can some online retailer who rips us off be put under dealership/ shop experiences? The only reason i would look there is if i was checking a dealership or indie shop out, not a internet retailer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
mori55 said:
I'm the same way, if someone had posted that they were having problems with a certain company in the general or tech threads chances are i would have seen it. To be honest the place were they want to move this warning i have never been on.
Plus how can some online retailer who rips us off be put under dealership/ shop experiences? The only reason i would look there is if i was checking a dealership or indie shop out, not a internet retailer.
Just my -2$en#e- , but when I sign onto the forum, I use the "New Post" icon, so that would bring up your post if you identified the company by name in the title.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
LongRide said:
Just my -2$en#e- , but when I sign onto the forum, I use the "New Post" icon, so that would bring up you post if you identified the company by name in the title.
Yup...."New Posts" is about the only place I ever look, too.

T113

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Bummer man hope you get your $$$ back. I dont always get the lowest price but when ordering online I am sure to get a reputable company. I may even buy a small item first to see how they operate. I have done a searc on companies in google or yahoo, and if they are bad the complaints usually pop up. I was going to buy some nice wheels for may car once did a search and there were two pages of people complaining about never getting their wheels.
Saved my butt
http://www.cyclecustomizing.com/
Just for kicks I went to try their site and it came right up ??? Get on their case !!!

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Their site, as noted above, is back up. They have a live chat feature where you can talk to them, so maybe give it a try. I bought a Dekker T-Bag from them and needed it in a hurry and they not only had the best price, but got it to me in time to boot. I know they screwed the management here and it looks like they've screwed you, too. If so, do the CC dispute thing. It works!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MegaGlide said:
Their site, as noted above, is back up. They have a live chat feature where you can talk to them, so maybe give it a try. I bought a Dekker T-Bag from them and needed it in a hurry and they not only had the best price, but got it to me in time to boot. I know they screwed the management here and it looks like they've screwed you, too. If so, do the CC dispute thing. It works!
After calling and emailing them for the last week i'm done with them. Iwent to my bank today and filed a report with them. The bank said i should get my money in two weeks.
This is the first time in all my years of internet dealings that i have had a problem. Beleive me i have spent a lot of money with online dealers over the years.
I'm reasonable if they responded to me and said they were out of town or somthing happened and it would take a little longer to ship my order, i'd understand. But don't ignore me like i'm some Jerk O--.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
mori55 said:
After calling and emailing them for the last week i'm done with them. Iwent to my bank today and filed a report with them. The bank said i should get my money in two weeks.
This is the first time in all my years of internet dealings that i have had a problem. Beleive me i have spent a lot of money with online dealers over the years.
I'm reasonable if they responded to me and said they were out of town or somthing happened and it would take a little longer to ship my order, i'd understand. But don't ignore me like i'm some Jerk O--.
I will probably get in trouble for saying this but wouldnt it be nice to support our friend here and fire off a bunch of emails asking about his stuff???:dunno:

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
mori55 said:
-2$en#e- I kinda agree with Mori...the ''General Talk'' is ''the main hangout'' as stated...

There were some posts about CC in the Vendor/VTF Sponser section that i can't find, even using search...i posted their tel. # a couple times for someone having problems...

To me...the Dealership/Shop section would not pertain to mail order parts, but then again - i guess they are a ''dealer''

hey, what do i know?...i was wrong once before!:rolleyes:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
LongRide said:
Just my -2$en#e- , but when I sign onto the forum, I use the "New Post" icon, so that would bring up you post if you identified the company by name in the title.
Ditto, that is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DPrice said:
I've updated the Forum description to include Online Retailers.
Thanks i think that is the way to go. To everyone else thanks for your support!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts