V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking recalls here, but service bulletins. Seems like a couple websites have gone up with all the old bulletins but come down just as fast. I assume HD has something to do with that. HD doesn't seem to want to publish these, but given that few dealerships will work on Shovelheads and more and more dealers aren't working on Evolutions, why not give the customers the information they need to maintain and repair their motorcycles.

Anyone know why HD has not released all these bulletins to the public or is there some secret HD website that could be shared where they actually have if you just know how to get there?

Maybe if someone from HD corporate reads this forum they will realize how nice it would be and make it happen.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,253 Posts
Huh if you think the Moco is going to do anything to help their customers u r wrong...they will do very thing they can legally to hide issues with their product so they don't have to fix it...they are the devil...u r welcome. :beer4u:

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
If the bulletins were released to the general public,,, they would be admitting their products aren't perfect... those of us who have been riding and wrenching the bikes, professionally know that the secrecy is a smokescreen... welcome to the world of the painfully deceptive moco...

·
Banned
317 Posts
I suspect, in practicality, it's a way for the factory to spread the cost of fixing them.

Mostly, they only fix them if and when the problem arises on a bike by bike basis.

I agree with regarding "obsolete" models (which already includes early TCs now).

They are quick enough to dump the part stock ... perhaps it's the sort of thing that should be legislated to have to be done?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yes, legislation would be the way. Also needed are cheap electronic tools to handle common things like bleeding and changing the brake fluid. Can't do it properly on my car because of the ABS and it kind of pisses me off. Would do even more on a bike to piss me off.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Right to Repair is an increasingly important issue but it's easy to pay lobbyists to tell the technically and legally illiterate public what to think so don't expect much progress no matter how much waste it causes. HDs are fun but FTF then and now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts