V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife started counting off the bikes I have owned over the years, somewhere between 18 & 20. Harley Davidson always the best.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It's like they say...

If I gotta explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.

Maybe it's the outa sync firing pulses, kinda like a heartbeat?

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm up to 20 bikes in the last 15 years, honda, yamaha, suzuki, harley....riding 96 flhr police now, simple and fun, solid feel with great sound, every part is available, tons of know how and mods available, a little clunky with limited suspension and lousy high speed performance....still love it....plan on keeping this one awhile

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I was a kid in the 60's, my dad had a friend who was a NOPD motor cop. He used to stop the house now and then and I'd just sit there and admire his FLH. Some times he'd come on a trike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just fell off the fence and landed on the other side from you all....going back to Honda....after 2 sporties, a Glide and 2 Road Kings, done with the maintenance and ho-hum performance, don't care about the perceived image or care about what's cool to others....my vtx 1800 fits me, great motor and brakes, reliable and easy, easy maintenance, made in Ohio btw

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I just fell off the fence and landed on the other side from you all....going back to Honda....after 2 sporties, a Glide and 2 Road Kings, done with the maintenance and ho-hum performance, don't care about the perceived image or care about what's cool to others....my vtx 1800 fits me, great motor and brakes, reliable and easy, easy maintenance, made in Ohio btw
It's the noise, the feeling, the heritage and need to clean oil stains off the garage floor.... Lol. Also the fact that if they weren't so fricking expensive we'd all probably have too much money and would just blow it on cheap women and cocaine... @slickster 69" well if you felt the performance was lacking you could dumped for an S&S big bore and stamped all over the VTX1800 that one's on you. But seriously you certainly can't deny honda's reputation for dependability... No Harley or for that mater any manufacturer is touching honda in that department. I'll give them that.

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,916 Posts
It's the noise, the feeling, the heritage and need to clean oil stains off the garage floor.... Lol. Also the fact that if they weren't so fricking expensive we'd all probably have too much money and would just blow it on cheap women and cocaine... @slickster 69" well if you felt the performance was lacking you could dumped for an S&S big bore and stamped all over the VTX1800 that one's on you. But seriously you certainly can't deny honda's reputation for dependability... No Harley or for that mater any manufacturer is touching honda in that department. I'll give them that.
I still had a Honda Shadow Aero when I got my RK. The Honda was a VT 750 and great on gas so I figured I'd keep it for local riding and the RK was for touring. After about a year of walking out to the garage and looking at my 2 options and taking the RK, I finally decided to charge the battery up in the Honda and take it to a local shop to sell on consignment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
funny thing, research how Honda got started to begin with... it was Harley trying to circumvent US laws and they setup a factory in Japan when the USA started our embargos against japan they nationalized those Harley assets which later became Honda...

I started out riding at 15 back then I worked part time at a Body shop in Albany Oregon that was ran by a bunch of MC members... when the owner decided I had earned a bonus he asked if I wanted the 1969 Chevel "shop car" I'd been driving (cracked windshield , 6 cyl. and 3 on the tree) or a 61 Sporty in 3 milk crates... after having seem these guys build choppers I picked the Sporty..... man witsh I'd took that Chevelle today its worth around $25k LOL

·
Registered
119 Posts
Honda may have a fine rep for dependability, but the museam in Sturgess has an FXRT with a million miles on it. Haven't heard of any other brand doing that.

·
Registered
901 Posts
funny thing, research how Honda got started to begin with... it was Harley trying to circumvent US laws and they setup a factory in Japan when the USA started our embargos against japan they nationalized those Harley assets which later became Honda...

I started out riding at 15 back then I worked part time at a Body shop in Albany Oregon that was ran by a bunch of MC members... when the owner decided I had earned a bonus he asked if I wanted the 1969 Chevel "shop car" I'd been driving (cracked windshield , 6 cyl. and 3 on the tree) or a 61 Sporty in 3 milk crates... after having seem these guys build choppers I picked the Sporty..... man witsh I'd took that Chevelle today its worth around $25k LOL
Do you remember the old HD stores in Salem and Corvallis?? Great places

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you remember the old HD stores in Salem and Corvallis?? Great places
yep still got T-Shirts from both... although they are a lil "broke in" been a few decades and bein in Tucson AZ. the last couple decades has resulted in some wear and tear from the sun out here, girlfriends always seem to like those old shirts the most when they go looking for ones to "borrow" outa my dresser, onea my friends owned the "un-authorized harley shop" on center st. in Salem too

·
Registered
901 Posts
yep still got T-Shirts from both... although they are a lil "broke in" been a few decades and bein in Tucson AZ. the last couple decades has resulted in some wear and tear from the sun out here, girlfriends always seem to like those old shirts the most when they go looking for ones to "borrow" outa my dresser, onea my friends owned the "un-authorized harley shop" on center st. in Salem too
Those were cool ole shops.... Closed em up in the mid 90's? for the Boutique stores.....I had two friends that bought bikes from the Corvallis store in the early 90's.....

21 - 40 of 44 Posts