V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im not trying to offend anyoneand not knocking your bike of choice!!

But to me as biker the last thing i would want is bike thats in anyway ralted to cops.I'm just asking question why did you choose police model bike.
Like I said this is meant to offend.Hey if enjoy it ride it that the point of spending all this money.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ride a black and white

no offense taken,,, but here is why I ride a copper chopper,

1) Its soo ugly its beautiful!
2) It’s a road king at 3/4 the price
3) Thus, it’s now payed for,
4) Its under a factory warranty

No I am not a cop,,, but sometimes they wave...

Go ride those other girly dressed up RKs if you want,, or maybe you want a radio,,, I want mine payed for so I can party all night and not have to worry bout my payment on the 1st.

I guess everyone is their own,,, I like the chrome on the RKs too but It doesn't fit me,,, I am more of a party all weekend guy

Finn

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Well for one thing it was $1000 cheaper then standard floor model. Plus I like the tank badge better then just a sticker. Also you dont see to many of them on the road.

Bio

Police Special Edition 2008 (not an official police bike)

·
Blue Knights MO III
110 Posts
The most comfortable seat harley ever made. 2007 and up come with a 103 ci engine.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
People stay out of your way.

remember that most of the custom chops in the 60s-70s started out as police bikes, so we are just keeping the ball rolling.

·
Registered
144 Posts
With the exception of my Ultra and Softail, all of my bikes have been former Cop bikes.
Never made a bit of difference to me, by the time I get done making it mine, you would never know any way except by reading the vin..

As was said earlier, back in the 60's cop auctions were the only place us broke Scooter Trash could afford to buy a reasonably decent bike.

My FXR was originaly a CHP bike, only 77 made in 87, and has a vin unique to CHP bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
no offense taken,,, but here is why I ride a copper chopper,

1) Its soo ugly its beautiful!
2) It’s a road king at 3/4 the price
3) Thus, it’s now payed for,
4) Its under a factory warranty

No I am not a cop,,, but sometimes they wave...

Go ride those other girly dressed up RKs if you want,, or maybe you want a radio,,, I want mine payed for so I can party all night and not have to worry bout my payment on the 1st.

I guess everyone is their own,,, I like the chrome on the RKs too but It doesn't fit me,,, I am more of a party all weekend guy

Finn

X2 !!! What he said :)

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Yep...a bit cheaper....and they look damn nice with flames!

·
Registered
183 Posts
With the shovel and pans any one who bought a cop chop loved their police special speedo,s more tham anything, the origional ones are worth heaps

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Two of my friends have them. I've ridden one of these bikes on a day trip. Very comfortable ergonomics of the seat and the handlebar really fit me well. Top that with the great prices and it a tough deal to beat. What really surprises me is so many people remove the cop seat. Those are amazingly comfortable and I think they look great. Take off the radio rack and mount the air tank in one of the saddlebags, perfect!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I've ridden mine for 11 straight hours and could have turned around and ridden it home - wasn't sore at all. Best seat ever!

·
Registered
547 Posts
My 06 FLHPT was a great deal from the dealership, the local department bought all new BMW bikes and traded their HD line. I bought my HD from my local BMW dealer, they treat me great too. I like the looks of the black and white bike, I like that the bike has a "past" unlike the bikes from the dealer floor. And one last thing, the police that I deal with really do respect the military and the military families, I just happen to have 22 years with the USCG and a brother who is "on the job" with the NYPD, also a reservist in the military and rides too.

·
glodigger
442 Posts
Well for one thing it was $1000 cheaper then standard floor model. Plus I like the tank badge better then just a sticker. Also you dont see to many of them on the road.

Bio

Police Special Edition 2008 (not an official police bike)
I agree:
Got mine w/ 500 miles 4000 off floor model all Special Editions are just Shrine models painted a differant color. and the tags easy to remove. As a retired Fire capt I could of got a red one for a price! instead painted it my way. What makes a biker ? patchs& pins or the love of rideing.

·
1,336 Posts
Hey Im not trying to offend anyoneand not knocking your bike of choice!!

But to me as biker the last thing i would want is bike thats in anyway ralted to cops.I'm just asking question why did you choose police model bike.
Like I said this is meant to offend.Hey if enjoy it ride it that the point of spending all this money.
I would not trade mine for any other bike. Couple changes and it becomes unique.

As far being related to cops. Who cares, I seldomly have cops bother me. When they have, I was doing something stupid. Live and learn

·
Registered
547 Posts
As others have said, that seat the the ergos in general are super.
I did a 1500 mile trip in four days with the air ride seat, I must admit the seat was great, the lack of back support however lead me to replace the seat with a stock FLH seat, I have done a few 400 mile rides on the stock seat with a backrest and I also like this seat. But any way you cut it the police bikes are awsome, My local dealer has a 2010 FLHTPI for $17000 with 5 miles on the clock, this is a great deal on a "new" bike.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts