V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The violator seemingly evaded the police.

He swam to the other side of the bayou, climbed out and took off running like a wet dog across an open field. However the NOPD was waiting!

For all of us bystanders, it was better than going to the movies. Nothing like a bunch of strangers from all walks of life, hanging out and having a good laugh!
Where's a gator when you need one...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
What'a behind pulling up a 8 year old thread, always wondered?

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I could start a new thread, ' Why bikers get a bad name?' No. Well it is still a good thread. After all it was resurrected 3 years ago.

tarheel

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Retired and bored? Too much ME TV....LOL

Thats actually what I picture lol.

Understand pulling up old threads that away.

Somedays I feel I have reached the end of the net before.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Retired and bored? Too much ME TV....LOL
Retirement is far from boring as I have everyday off. As such I pick grandchildren up at school if parents can't make it. Take them to the dentist etc. A couple will be turning 12 soon and I relish the idea of picking them up on the trike. Little league baseball is what most play and it can be a challenge to see all the games.

This weekend it is supposed to rain so we going to the beach. Tourists don't like rain so traffic will be light. Nothing better than sleeping under a tin roof when it rains. I will set crab traps and fish with some shedders I caught last time. My favorite grandson wants to learn how to catch crabs in the surf and to cast net mullet. Did you know people here fry mullet? Yech! Thats fish bait in Jersey. Well have a good day at work.

tarheel

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Retirement is not boring, when you have grandchildren, ATV's ,motorcycles, Dogs and firearms.
What gets motorcyclist a bad name. Parking their bikes in the handicap parking area on the paint yellow lines . Why do they find it ok to block those areas need by people in Wheel chairs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1-03-2011 Louisville, Ky.

Louisville Metro Police gave high speed chase to a man riding a motorcycle West on I-264. The motorcyclist was zig-zaging in and out of traffic while trying to evade police during heavy work traffic, sometimes passing in the emergency lane. Police clocked the man doing 174 MPH. The motorcyclist while trying to evade police turned off the Interstate onto a local road hitting a curb and blowing out both tires on the motorcycle. He sustained minor injuries to his ankle. He said that he gave up when Metro police chased him into a populated residential area. The rider told the police that he belonged to a local motorcycle gang that had a tradition of drag racing in heavy traffic. He said that he never once put anyone in harms way. He was riding the motorcycle without a drivers license and no registration on the motorcycle.
Hmmm so speeding, and evading police is unique to motorcycle riders? I reckon this happens 5000 times more frequently with automobiles.

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
Hmmm so speeding, and evading police is unique to motorcycle riders? I reckon this happens 5000 times more frequently with automobiles.
True. But seldom at 174 mph.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,797 Posts
True. But seldom at 174 mph.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
If they had been paying attention they would have got me at 150 on I-95 in Ft. Myers a few months back. Short story is the rental car company screwed up and I ended up with a 2019 Stingray for the week instead of the Kia I was supposed to get.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
If they had been paying attention they would have got me at 150 on I-95 in Ft. Myers a few months back. Short story is the rental car company screwed up and I ended up with a 2019 Stingray for the week instead of the Kia I was supposed to get.
Pretty good trick since Ft. Meyers is on the west side of Florida and I-95 is on the east. I suspect you mean I-75.

·
Premium Member
6,797 Posts
Pretty good trick since Ft. Meyers is on the west side of Florida and I-95 is on the east. I suspect you mean I-75.
Brain fart. I was checking out directions to a client in Delaware while I was writing that. Not much of a multi-tasker these days. The other day I put my glasses in the fridge.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts