V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1-03-2011 Louisville, Ky.

Louisville Metro Police gave high speed chase to a man riding a motorcycle West on I-264. The motorcyclist was zig-zaging in and out of traffic while trying to evade police during heavy work traffic, sometimes passing in the emergency lane. Police clocked the man doing 174 MPH. The motorcyclist while trying to evade police turned off the Interstate onto a local road hitting a curb and blowing out both tires on the motorcycle. He sustained minor injuries to his ankle. He said that he gave up when Metro police chased him into a populated residential area. The rider told the police that he belonged to a local motorcycle gang that had a tradition of drag racing in heavy traffic. He said that he never once put anyone in harms way. He was riding the motorcycle without a drivers license and no registration on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Love the guy's comment that he "gave up" after being chased into a populated residential area...how thoughtful of the guy.

No wonder a good segment of the public hates motorcyclists, because of people like that guy.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Sorry, but I fail to see how this gives motorcyclists a bad name. Is it because the person was speeding? If yes, then shouldn't all drivers of cages have a bad name too?

Perhaps if the news reported on all extreme speeding violations then the generalization of 'motorcyclists' would no longer apply.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sorry, but I fail to see how this gives motorcyclists a bad name. Is it because the person was speeding? If yes, then shouldn't all drivers of cages have a bad name too?
I definitely see your point, and agree. But I think in the media/public eye, it's easy to apply the poor judgment of one or a few motorcyclists to all motorcyclists. It's not accurate at all, since the great, great majority of motorcyclists don't do nonsense like the rider being discussed here, but we all tend to get colored by the same brush.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Everyone has to suffer because of the stupidity of others.
Seems to be the Sportbike crowd has a problem and it is trickling down to all riders and we all get labeled as 'Reckless'. Many of these young guys and gals will never get the chance to ride a Road King or Wing, if they continue to ride recklessly. People are responsible for their own actions and if they wish to be a fool, I shouldn't have to be brought into the picture or any other person who seriously knows how to ride.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I think the cagers around me think I am a wonderful guy, and I have the vest to show just how much I think of them as well......

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I think the cagers around me think I am a wonderful guy, and I have the vest to show just how much I think of them as well......

Gotta get me one of them .... get closer so I can reach your Nose.!

Last Year they got a guy on a crotch rocket doin 265 kms on the bypass ... he's not ridin anymore and he has healthy ankles ahahhahaahahah

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
I see your point but there are probably even more 4 wheeler's that fit into the catagory of the above mentioned rider.

On a similar note...

Last week I was riding along Bayou St. John and here comes this 4 wheeler in a pick up at a high rate of speed with the NOPD in pursuit. The guy goes off the road, across the grass, airborn and into the Bayou.

Now while we all watch, with truck is still floating, the dude climbs into the bed and starts throwing tools, tool boxes and cargo into the Bayou trying to stay afloat. The police are yelling for him to swin to them on shore and the is driver yelling "come and get me", while sitting defiantly on the large attached tool box behind the cab.

The truck suddenly goes ass end up and down like the Titanic and the dude ends up treading water while all of us bystanders cheer and laugh our asses off. :redrolf: :clap:

I still think that there's more dipshits on four wheels than two!

·
blipper
5,199 Posts
I see your point but there are probably even more 4 wheeler's that fit into the catagory of the above mentioned rider.

On a similar note...

Last week I was riding along Bayou St. John and here comes this 4 wheeler in a pick up at a high rate of speed with the NOPD in pursuit. The guy goes off the road, across the grass, airborn and into the Bayou.

Now while we all watch, with truck is still floating, the dude climbs into the bed and starts throwing tools, tool boxes and cargo into the Bayou trying to stay afloat. The police are yelling for him to swin to them on shore and the is driver yelling "come and get me", while sitting defiantly on the large attached tool box behind the cab.

The truck suddenly goes ass end up and down like the Titanic and the dude ends up treading water while all of us bystanders cheer and laugh our asses off. :redrolf: :clap:

I still think that there's more dipshits on four wheels than two!
:hystria: Now that's funny! Woulda been so cool to pull over, sit and watch as that vehicle tipped up, over, and down! What happened to the violator?

·
Bon temps rouler!
685 Posts
The violator seemingly evaded the police.

He swam to the other side of the bayou, climbed out and took off running like a wet dog across an open field. However the NOPD was waiting!

For all of us bystanders, it was better than going to the movies. Nothing like a bunch of strangers from all walks of life, hanging out and having a good laugh!

·
Beyond Redemption
485 Posts
Can you hear me now?

Morning Scrubs :coffee:

Thought you might enjoy this. :) Cell phone use is believed cause.

7% of US Veyron owners deserve a bad name. There's only 15 in US.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts