V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To clarify my question; I have a buddy who's looking at buying an HD tourer on the overseas bike purchase thing from AAFES. Anyhow, he had his heart set on a Road King Custom. Then he asked me one day "Why does an '06 RKC cost so much?" So I did a little research and base price comparison an EGC is only $600 and you get so much more on the EGC. Fairing/windscreen, Hard Bags not leather, Advanced Audio, Tour-Pak, and some other stuff I'm probably leaving out. Does anyone know the deal with this?
-Orion

·
Premium Member
3,290 Posts
zogorion said:
To clarify my question; I have a buddy who's looking at buying an HD tourer on the overseas bike purchase thing from AAFES. Anyhow, he had his heart set on a Road King Custom. Then he asked me one day "Why does an '06 RKC cost so much?" So I did a little research and base price comparison an EGS is only $600 and you get so much more on the EGS. Fairing/windscreen, Hard Bags not leather, Advanced Audio, Tour-Pak, and some other stuff I'm probably leaving out. Does anyone know the deal with this?
-Orion
Why are they charging so much money for a Road King? Well, because they can.........

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Actually EGS, Electra Glide Standard, has no radio or tourpac and has always been cheaper then FLHRs.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
"EGS" is pretty chrome challenged, too...

Edit:
Oh, I just can't do it.

An FLHT is pretty pretty chrome challenged.
There, I don't feel dirty now.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
berserker, you caught me. I edited my post to reflect what I originally intended to say. Electra Glide Classic. EGC. Yeah, that's it. Any ideas?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
zogorion said:
berserker, you caught me. I edited my post to reflect what I originally intended to say. Electra Glide Classic. EGC. Yeah, that's it. Any ideas?
This why I don't understand people using acroynms for bikes that already have letter designations, that identify them.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
zogorion said:
RKC? So is that a Road King Custom or Road King Classic? Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cuz it's easier to type, and much more ambiguous ;)

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
ViennaHog said:
Why are they charging so much money for a Road King? Well, because they can.........
I was going to reply with something very similar to this post above mine. The reason why they charge more is because they knew they had a winner with this version of the Road King. I guess they predicted that this version would sell fast and furious so they might as well earn some more profit for themselves.

But, IMHO the Motor Company is taking advantage of capitalism and who can fault them? Isn't capitalism a feature of our country that we are proud of? The supply and demand experience H-D has had over the past several years will probably be featured in future economic textbooks as the classic example of how supply and demand works. Supply outstrips demand, then premium profits can be made. H-D, or anyone in business for that matter, would be foolish not to turn higher demand into higher profits.

-2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree, I would do the same thing. HD is a business like any other, and at the end of the day it's all about the $$. I really just wanted to know if I was missing something, like if there was one really trick thing about the bike that cost much more than any other. Or if it's just the coolness factor, oh yeah, and that headlight nacelle. Or if you just happen to get more bang for your buck with an FLHTCi. Cheers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nice dash, 1 inch lowering, beach bars, clean bags, chrome wind deflector, etc.. its the streamlined Road King. Very nice looking bike. "Different strokes for different folks". That's what i was told when i asked the HD rep. "What's the deal with the Vrods?". I can totaly respect that!! heh.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Why? 'Cause they're friggin' beautiful!

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
Why? 'Cause they're friggin' beautiful!
They look pretty okay if that's all you got. :coffee: But not as good as a Road King Classic with the gangsta white walls and cruise control. :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
They look pretty okay if that's all you got. :coffee: But not as good as a Road King Classic with the gangsta white walls and cruise control. :yes:

Them's fightin' words!:boxin: :blurpan:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Perhaps they are just jealous?

Added cruise to my '06 Custom and I am just fine... (besides, this way I don't have those silly looking buckles on my saddle bags) :flames:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Rock_Steady said:
Don't see alot of gangsters on Harleys. Blows there fedoras off.

·
doof member
719 Posts
Why? Because they're worth it!

I originally wanted a Fat boy but when I saw the custom I went with the bigger bike because it didn't look like "your grandpa's Harley". No tassels on the bags, buckles to hold down the Ben Gay bags, all the front fairing emenities ( oxygen tank, heart monitor, tv, radio, decaf coffee maker).

:roflback:

Budking out!
:sofa:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts