V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i ask why are all Harley's refered to as She's or females, my bike is always called she. have a good friend with a 79 FLH and it is called { THE OLD GIRL} so where does this come from?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It probably goes back to the old saying, "If it has t*ts or two wheels, it's gonna cause problems". :D

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
FXDeanX said:
Easy. If it's beautiful, sleek, sexy and gets me excited when I ride it, it must be female

:D that's the words I was searching for!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
To each his own...myself never refered to my 79 FLH as a her. Two different murals painted on the fairing over the years, but both titled the same..."Mister Breeze". Love that Skynard music!

·
Registered
296 Posts
slamin sammy said:
Ok i ask why are all Harley's refered to as She's or females, my bike is always called she. have a good friend with a 79 FLH and it is called { THE OLD GIRL} so where does this come from?

Another easy way to put it (other the FxDeanX) is I ain't riding no dude, and its not just Harleys with girls name people name all kinds of modes of transpertations. And what you said about your friend FLH reminds me of the DAC song "panhead forever" I will have to listen to that song on the way to work today.

Jeff- who rides snow=she's a black gal :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Smooothglide said:
A bike ain't a he or a she and it ain't got no personality. It's a machine; get over it.

Have to disagree there, I think that a bike to a certain point has a personality. It is something that you can or have already customized to fit you.

G

·
My guess is homophobia ... some guys don't want to even think about a man between their legs ... :D

Gotta agree with Smooothglide though, it's a machine. Machines can have personality without having a gender. Consider R2D2.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
FXDeanX said:
Easy. If it's beautiful, sleek, sexy and gets me excited when I ride it, it must be female
Yep, gotta agree with this too. I ain't riding no male!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
jockeyshift said:

Yep, gotta agree with this too. I ain't riding no male!
Damn straight, but I will wrap my legs around my scotter and throttle her all night long ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yep, gotta agree with Dean and if I might add, I enjoy buying her something expensive before a night on the town.:rolleyes:

"I hope it warms up soon"..:(

·
Registered
467 Posts
Smooothglide said:
A bike ain't a he or a she and it ain't got no personality. It's a machine; get over it.
if your bike aint got a prsonality .. your on the wrong bike ...they all got somthing different ...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Boismier said:
Machines can have personality without having a gender. Consider R2D2.
[Andrew Dice Clay mode on]

R2D2????

I fukked 'er! Whoa!

[ADC mode off]

·
Registered
758 Posts
All mechanical devices that your life relies on, whether they are motorcycles, aircraft, ships, or firearms get female names by tradition.

The reason? Because if you ignore, mistreat, or abuse either those devices or a woman; at the worst possible time you WILL be in a world of hurt and you WILL regret it!

They do have a personalities; some easy going and some very demanding. They all have a memory and they won't forget.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.