V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just picked up my new 2002 Duece last week. Love the bike hate the sound.

Can anyone please give me a recommendation on whether to buy slipons or a whole exhaust.

I like the look to the short drag pipes but are concerned that they may be too loud (hate to bust my neighbors windows out) and hard to tune. Really like the Mean Mothers from Supertrap but can't find any write ups or test done on them.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'll be watching for input. Got my 2002 Deuce in mid-December and still have stock mufflers on it. Didn't mention whether you had Carb or EFI. Have almost 700 miles on mine already. Did it in December and January in Nebraska. God was nice to me this year.

Cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2002 Deuce and I agonized over what exhaust to get. I went to toy runs, cookouts and as many dealers as I could visit. I wanted to see and hear as many pipes as I could. I also talked to anyone that would listen. I considered just about every brand I've ever heard of both full systems and slip ons....

I had the dealer put on Cycle Shack Slip ons and I couldn't be happier. MHD-138SS (Baloney cut)

If you are interested in a full set, the PHD-128SSA, PHD-128TA or a PHD-147A will work. But that isn't the way to go if you want it to keep close to the stock look.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any dyno result on the cycle shack mufflers or comparisions to other products?

thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Straight from the Cycle Shack page under Dyno Results>>

"Check out the dyno chart above showing Brian Martin's street-ridden 80 c.i. FXR that made
92(x5) H.P. and 94 ft. lbs. of torque. This motor, equipped with Cycle Shack pipes mad over 13
more H.P. than Python II pipes and over 15 more H.P. than Bub Bad Dog pipes. It also
outperformed the Thunder Header, especially under 3500 rpm with over 10 ft. lbs. more torque."

* See Thunder Alley, October 1996 Issue, American Iron, November 1996 Issue and American Rider, February 1997
Issue for complete dyno results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks.. Do you have a picture of you bike with the cycle shack's installed. Curious to see what they look like. I've search the internet and haven't been able to find a picture.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts