V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking more and more about buying a, what i call "beater" for riding during the winter. In this area they put a ton of salt on the roads in the winter, and even though the roads may be dry, the salt residue will do a number on your nice Harley. I don't mind riding in cold weather but i'll be damned if i'm going to subject my Harleys to the salt damage.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't consider my BMW a "beater" but I do ride it on dry days in the winter. The muffler is the only chromed part on the bike. Also, the wiring is protected from salt because the lower fairing covers the bottom of the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ride my Road King all year round (with electrics when it's cold) as long as there is no snow on the ground. I guess a Honda would be a good beater

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I think a Honda Gold Wing would make a good winter beater. Rinse off the wheels after a ride and should be good to go. The rest of the bike is mostly plastic.

·
Banned
589 Posts
In the winter, bad weather I have a Ford Ranger, 4WD, heater, air, ABS, power steering, windows, canopy . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts