V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or the next best thing???

Thanks in advance. Working on "tweaking upgrades"!

-Tutt

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeffy! You da Man! Been book marked!!! -Tutt

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I said "roller rockers" my friend! NOT THE SAME!!!!!

-Tutt

·
Registered
532 Posts
No there not.But are you going to the 1.7 from stock ratio rocker arms? Also,in my search for rocker arms,roller or not,I believe I read that the baisley RR have a built in adjustment.What I mean is,when I install my rocker arms,they need to be shimed to get the correct angle.The baisley RR already have that built in them.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Don't cheap out Second, get the roller rockers and I PROMISE YOU I will keep my big phat mouth shut!!! I don't know what the eventual rocker ratio will be with my S&S 585 cam next year (intake cam ONLY!) but S&S cams use a very gentle ramp and the increased rocker ratio, which accelerates how fast the ramp happens, SHOULD be ok. Spend the money up front for good roller rockers, you can find them much cheaper on Flee Bay. -Tutt

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey Tutt,I value your advice so keep it coming.But I think with my 510 lift cam even with the added lift of the 1.7 rocker arms,roller rocker arms aren't needed.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I hadn't thought of that. Good point Amigo. Aren't you running a Woods cam? I guess I was thinking it had more lift. -T-

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
"Basiley performance has them all the way to 2.00:1."

Easy does it slow down, Baisley adds length to the valve side others add to the pushrod side. The Baisley are not likely plug and play which everyone seems to want these days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
actually none are plug and play all require mods when setting,first you will have to check the rocker supports because they will contact them at full lift,then you will have to make adj to get them ride where you want on the valve stem tip. if you dont they will mushroom the tip.just my opinion there are enough cams out there that would probably do what you want. and probably cheaper than the rocker setup.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good to know about the Baisley stuff guys. I'm not ready to do this upgrade yet, next winter most likely. But sometimes I start buying parts up ahead of time to distribute the cost. -Tutt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts