V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spokes have a short twisted mid section that kind of looks like a spiral drive nail.

These are not diamond spokes by any means!!

Any ideas?

Jimmy T

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Hallcrafts 80 spoke PEARL

I am switching over to these since I had problems with the radial laced (straight) spokes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dprice,

I have the Hallcrafts catalog, also checked out their website, ...the "Pearl" 80 spoke crosslace design sure looks like their spokes are twisted full length of the spoke.

The catalog confirms at least that the "Pearl" series is only available in the 80 spoke version and not the 100 spoke version.

Have a look: http://www.hallcrafts.com/prod02.htm

I think I'll call them and have them give me a measured length of the twist.

In my opinion, the short tight twist really sets of the design like no others!

It really caught my eye in a huge way.

I'll give ya the feedback from Hallcrafts, ...even though you've already seen the exact thing as in my photograph.

Thanks for the comment.

Jimmy T.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Jimmy,

I stand corrected, I went out and looked at mine. Your right, the twist goes throughout the entire spoke. Not sure who makes that wheel.

I will get a pic up in the sunlight tommorrow of the 80 spoke full-twist from Hallcraft. Looks just as good as the pic you posted.

Oh, and when you call them, be sure to mention my name. I am still waiting on them to send my other front wheel to match the rear. They are on backorder, so they say.

Still trying to settle this thing from my "incident" last month.

:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dprice,

Incident?

Ahh, ok, I'll mention your name in regards to your backordered front wheel.

Jimmy T.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hallcraft's confirms the photo I sent them is not their wheel.

They suggest it might be American Wire Wheel product, ....after reviewing A.W.W. website, the photos are not clear enough to see the twisted or knurled spoke designs.

The search continues, .....will give another update later.

Jimmy T

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update on this thread, .... the spokes I've been told were custom designed and fabricated for its customer.

In other words, ........they come from no book or catalog!

Jimmy T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts