V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what do you think of it so far ??? I have it in my computer right now, but before I comment I what to see all the other opinions and feed back from you all......:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
HDMD88 said:
And what do you think of it so far ??? I have it in my computer right now, but before I comment I what to see all the other opinions and feed back from you all......:hmmm:

I have been trying to find this out for weeks... I have last years SERT... is the 08 version the same hardware? do you think that all I need for my '08 is the same version of SERT software that you have? or has the MOCO changed the SERT this year? in other words, is it the same old serial device they have been selling for the past few years? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Sneak preview

Doc,

got my sweaty little hands on it this morning (disregard the PM, I am 6h ahead of you as always LOL) and had a first look at it.

Look and feel very much the same except a few things that caught my eyes:

• 07 calibration for touring advance curve less agressive
  • closed loop bias table now separate front/ rear
  • clb range totally different
  • closed loop range in the main afr table different as well
  • 08 calibrations for tourings
  • totally different advance curves much less advance in the low to upper mid range
  • clb tables different range and values, but not cylinder selective
  • injector size back to 4.35 g/s
  • no more 0 % throttle VE, table starts at 5% throttle
What puzzles me is on the one hand the much less agressive timing curve in the 08 compared to the essentially identical 96 from 07 and the fact that the 07 have cylinder selective clb tables and the 08 don't.

It's highly probable that cam change for the 08 is very much behind the timing curve change. Does anybody have the specs of the new cams?

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just touched to tip of the iceberg. I'd say the timing tables have something to do with the action of the Throttle Servos, but I'm only speculating. I'll know more when I get one on the dyno to play. I do know this, all my maps I have in my data map file are worthless with the new 476v software. Each one has to be converted by copy/paste function in each table.

I don't know if the key has been changed for the 08 bike or if it is just the "L" version of the software that makes the difference. I do know without the "L" software your not going to download anything in any 08 bikes.

I'm looking forward to everyones observations and input with the new 476v "L'' Software.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
HDMD88 said:
You just touched to tip of the iceberg. I'd say the timing tables have something to do with the action of the Throttle Servos, but I'm only speculating. I'll know more when I get one on the dyno to play. I do know this, all my maps I have in my data map file are worthless with the new 476v software. Each one has to be converted by copy/paste function in each table.

I don't know if the key has been changed for the 08 bike or if it is just the "L" version of the software that makes the difference. I do know without the "L" software your not going to download anything in any 08 bikes.

I'm looking forward to everyones observations and input with the new 476v "L'' Software.
Hey Doc or Vienna, got the parts number for the 08 SERT??
Thanks
"X"

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
When I was looking at the new t/b parts break down I was not suprised to see that they went back to the older injector for size. I do not however have the new 08 sert. So looks like I will have to get one now that they are out.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
HDMD88 said:

Doc,

loaded a map on my 07 with the existing key from the previous version, no problem

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adlerx said:
Hey Doc or Vienna, got the parts number for the 08 SERT??
Thanks
"X"
You know I didn't think to look at the PN and I gave the SERT back to my local Dealer....(I just borrowed it to down load the software)

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
HDMD88 said:
You know I didn't think to look at the PN and I gave the SERT back to my local Dealer....(I just borrowed it to down load the software)
OK, so to confirm... there is no problem using the new 'L' software (whatever happened to the 'K' version.. last was 'J') anyway, so we can use the '08 version with last year's SERT hardware.. software change only, and we still need the same serial cable as before. Please confirm.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
KenInVic said:
OK, so to confirm... there is no problem using the new 'L' software (whatever happened to the 'K' version.. last was 'J') anyway, so we can use the '08 version with last year's SERT hardware.. software change only, and we still need the same serial cable as before. Please confirm.

Thanks!
Yes, works with the original hard ware as posted earlier

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Just curious (rumor control)
I've heard the 08 SERT won't let you go below 14.X AFR. This would precude you from getting to the much cooler running 13 range. Any indication that is true?

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Gerg said:
I've heard the 08 SERT won't let you go below 14.X AFR. This would precude you from getting to the much cooler running 13 range. Any indication that is true?
I will figure out how to open up those tables - might mean a little bit of code disassembly... something to do on a rainy day.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Gerg said:
Nonsense, 10.6-11 lowest, 14.5-14.6 highest. Depends which cells you are looking at

·
Registered
48 Posts
The AFR table can be adjusted from 12.0 to 14.6
So there doesn;t seem to be a problem. Can't try it on a bike yet....

There seem to be little setup changes when opening a 2008 calibration.
Only added rpm rows or TPS columns.
Time will tell...

Gerg said:

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Flashing the ECM with the J software takes about twice as long and shows a different log. Little irritating initially......

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is no difference in the parameters of the tables. You can add so much fuel that black smoke will billow out the pipes so thats not a problem.

I tuned a 110'' CVO fly by wire today...the tuning procedures are basically the same except you start your map at 5% and at 80% and 100% can only be tested at 3000 rpm and up. The ecm will not allow the throttle to be opened any more than 64% below 3000rpm. This will eliminate the pinging problems that haunted the 07 bike owners.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that the 476v won't read the 462v unless you copy/paste the old map into the new version. Even when you copy/paste there is a problem at times with the ECM taking the download.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
ViennaHog said:
Nonsense, 10.6-11 lowest, 14.5-14.6 highest. Depends which cells you are looking at
~!Awesome!
Thanks! Looks to be a bit spendy. Local shop quoted $460, would that be the "kit" or just the software? I'm too broke to make the jump just yet :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts