V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved the FLSTF and have seen many without the trademark solid wheels. I am planning on buying new wheels for my '02 and was wondering what you've replaced yours with and why? Looks? Crosswind issues?
Looking for some answers....

·
Registered
2 Posts
i havent changed mine yet but will be soon. I do plan on staying with the solid rims but i suggest going with chromed or at least polished aluminum. Try cleaning the stock wheels after riding in the rain and brake dust etc.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Part of the reason why I am purchasing the FatBoy is because of the rims. Remember the FatBoy rims were made to mimic the wheels of a B-29 aircraft The Enola Gay, the same aircraft that dropped the FatMan and LittleBoy Atomic weapons on Japan.

If I had to replace them, or wanted to , then I would get the FatBoy rims with the Slots and chrome (chrome, easier to clean then the brushed surface).

:D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Doesn't effect me anymore than when a guest hits me in the side...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The crosswinds was a major reason I asked the question. I live in an area where high winds are present on parts of virtually every trip I take. Since I replaced the solids with the Thunderstars, the wind problem has been very minor. Before that, I wouldn't take the bike over certain roads where the wind can be high.
Anyone else have an opinion on the wind or have you changed your wheels either because of crosswinds or changed them and noticed a difference?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Wow, with my old Fatboy I never noticed that, but perhaps becuase I am so big the wind just hits me anyways....

Maybe I need to incrase my Beer Gut to give myself some lower center of gravity. Ah, anything to drink the Brews...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts