V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2628 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....I just wanted to start a thread for NightTrain owners to post pics, and share ideas about The Black Beast from Harley. Heres a few of mine, let's see yours

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, Jimbo5o and Bimini are the same guy. I re-registered when I was overseas....well I'm back in Hawaii and tried to update my profile and got access to my old profile so I'll be posting under Bimini again.

Lets see those Trains:

·
Registered
61 Posts
csoday,
Nice scoot... A stroker 103, that explains the huge tach, it must fly!! What do you have to tune the FI? Mine is a 95 with headwork and PCIIIR, I think it's fast....I can only imagine what that 103 runs like. Again Nice scoot.

Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
dej5320,
It's a Pro-One light bar up front and Kuryakyn silver bullets on the rear. I have the small Headwinds signals that match the headlight to replace the Kuryakyn's on the back....I just dont feel like pulling the rear wheel off to do them. When I finally get the Heartland package I'll do it.

Jim

·
Registered
602 Posts
Here's mine

I've since put a High End Badger Solo on it. The sissy bar and rack are on detatchable mounts. I forget to take it off when I took these pics. I have a stock seat from a Standard that I put on when I ride two up. Arlen Ness knurled grips and pegs are under the tree.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks, sure did. Great deal, but cost ended up about MRSP with shipping and assembly charges. But the paint and security upgrade were free. Man I can't wait!

Mav

P.S. Which light do you have? Size, style? It really does set the bike off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mav,
Here is the info for the Headlight:

Headwinds part# 1-5900TWCA, 5 3/4" Mariah Concours Rocket
Headlight Housing

Exchange New Cars is a great program, I bought mine through them in Dec 2001...Awesome deal. I just returned from Okinawa and bought a new F150 through them this time around.

Merry Christmas, and post some pics when you pick up the new scoot.

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the info! Got to looking, and they have tons of goodies to chose from.

Yeah, great program through them. Are you in the service? Hawaii? I passed up the chance to go to Hawaii to come back to Germany. Too cold here now, and definatly wish I was on the island. Thanks again,

Mav

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
what's up with the metzler 150 with NO kit..........you just throw it on there, not change any spacers? any bolts for the fender strut give you problems? WHat do i have to do to get it done? tire part number? .....help out a Train owner....please.........I have it put in the garage for the summer will get pics when she emerges this spring

thanks
killer

·
Registered
61 Posts
Killer,
I replaced all the bolts (struts included) with polished stainless any way so I just used narrow nuts on the back side. You could flip the bolts and use acorns if you wantedIt's been on there for almost 5,000 miles with no problems. I don't know the part # for the tire but its a Metz ME880, I believe its the only 16 inch 150 they have.
Everyone told me that I needed to get the HD kit, but I had the wheel off to change out the rotor and pulley and had to see for myself. Like I said no problems. You don't need to change any spacers, machine the caliper or any of that stuff. Just address the strut bolts ( there are numerous ways to do it) and get the tire mounted. It looks so much better than the 130 that was on there.

Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, they are 501's...... I needed the extra rise.Have you been back since then? Was Kemoo farms and the Lakeside across from Schoefield back then?

Jim

1 - 20 of 2628 Posts