V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man! Due to an extremely busy schedule I haven't been near this site for a month or so! I'd like to give a group "welcome" to all the new forum members! Did I miss anything?:D
Sheepboy
'02 Dyna
('01 Sporty sold last week....sob,sob,sob)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Nahhhh ! Just the usual. Welcome back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sheepboy, which Dyna did you get? I have a 99 sporty, and can't stop thinking about the FXDX. I'll probably end up staying with the sporty for a few more years though for a variety of reasons.

Angus

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
sheepboy said:
Man! Due to an extremely busy schedule I haven't been near this site for a month or so! I'd like to give a group "welcome" to all the new forum members! Did I miss anything?:D
Sheepboy
'02 Dyna
('01 Sporty sold last week....sob,sob,sob)
You know, I almost hate to ask, but why the handle "Sheep Boy"? Are you a sheep farmer or????

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Dyna

Hey there Angus. My bike is an '02 FXD Superglide. I installed the Wide Glide rear fender kit from harley, changed the bars, added Cycle Shack balogney cut slip-ons and a passle of chrome stuff(still more to come!)I recently put on the Kuryaken forward controls, what a DIFFERENCE in comfort and control. I also painted the whole thing with flames that look like pieces of stainless steel riveted on. Oh yeah, the seat is a custom Wide Glide seat from Harley that I got brand new on E bay. The bike sure doesn't look like the Superglide I came home with! I do like my Dynas' ride and my wife has actually been going for rides with me. Hopefully this pic will come out so you can see what it looks like.PLEASE IGNORE THE OLD GRAY HAIRED MAN IN THE PICTURE !!!!!!!! (my wife actually tried to get me to smile......didn't work) Hope you get whatever bike you desire but try to keep the Sporty hehehehe.
Now the other question....
Yes I do raise sheep(and goats and chickens and turkeys and the occasional cow) Funny though, the sheep seem to get real nervous around me:D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
"Don't you be listenen' to them thar sheep, boy. Them sheep be liars ya' know!":D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
fourhour said:
"Don't you be listenen' to them thar sheep, boy. Them sheep be liars ya' know!":D
That was BAaaaaaaaaaaad LOL

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes HDGirl, that be me. Usually have the ponytail thing happenin' but was feelin' kinda discheveled at the time!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
There's probably a better picture of me in a post office someplace
No way. The ones at the postoffice are in black & white and have fingerprints all over then. The color looks so much better.:D

Nice bike and paint by the way.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Dyna

This turned out to be a pretty funny post. Me being one of the "new-bees" here I thought Sheepboy was gona start slamin the new people. Was I ever glad to read that he didn't, as a matter of fact he did just the opposite. Thanks for the welcome Sheepboy.
Good lookin' bike and it is obvious that you've done some nice mods. Thanks for posting the pic.
I'm not only new to this board but to Harley's as well. You may have seen my other post but I've been waiting a long time to getmy Harley. I'll be getting my first Harley (my dream bike), 2003 wide glide in October. I'll post a pic of my bike when I get it. This waiting thing is killin my nerves. HA!
I heard the other day on the news that Black Bears are coming in out of the woods and killing goats and sheep, here in the northeast. Are you having any problems?

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
cox9000, I think you'll find that we like to see new people here and like them to feel at home from the beginning. We see ya come in and I like to catch you new guys with a welcome especially in the "My Story" catagory but sometimes I just greet you where I find you. Welcome to the forum and we are glad to have you here with us.

Later,

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome

FifthGear, thanks for the nice welcome. Sounds like you have Moocho experience under your belt. I've read a few of your posts and they are all educating, right on and honest. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
cox9000,

Welcome to the site. You don't have to hold back, post a message at any time. Congrats on the new scooter.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Hey sheepboy, you ever get one of them wooly critters at the edge of a cliff with their hind legs stuck down them boots of yours? :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey,sheepboy...........

how do ya like the cycle shack slip on's??? I have the S.E. balony cuts and am thinking of going with something more "beefy" sounding but dont want the drag pipes on my dyna..

...good lookin bike.....

·
Registered
695 Posts
drag

electrified,
What do you consider a drag pipe? Would you say that the V&H longshots are a drag pipe? I've heard so much talk about power loss (the low & mid range) and the more I read, the more I get lost. I know for sure that I don't want the factory pipes because I want to hear that Harley sound.
I didn't even have a clue how an exhaust system can affect the power band until I joined this forum. Now that I now it seems to be more complicated than I bargained for. I'm still listening, reading and asking questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts