V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Westley's Bleche-Wite with SOS Pads to scrub. I used just sos for a few years but the Westley's Bleche-Wite makes the job even eaiser. Also the Lyndall Z Brake Pads are a must for whide Whites. Very little dust and stop on a dime

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
I solved my dirty white wall problems by going to black walls!! But before that, I used Dawn dishwashing degergent. Cuts grease in the sink and on the bike! Really.
You don't want to use that on your paint though.... since it cut's grease it also will strip your polish or wax off. Use a wash soap for vehicles that doesn't cut grease. I use the dawn on my motor though.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
"Citron" dishwashing degergent is excellent. To get rid of blue colour from brand new tire(s), use high pressure hot water.

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have always used Bleche-Wite, but it took a great deal of effort to get them off-white.
With lots of folks talking about Mr Clean Eraser, I decided to give it a try.....
Mr Clean Eraser by far is the best on WWW's. I used a couple of the pads and with very
little effort, they were a brilliant white.

Thanks everyone for the suggestion..... :clap: :thumbsup:

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Geezer-Glide said:
I solved my dirty white wall problems by going to black walls!! But before that, I used Dawn dishwashing degergent. Cuts grease in the sink and on the bike! Really.
:mad:gree: on the blackwalls. :yes:

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Comet w/bleach......works great.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Westley's Bleche-Wite; don't breath this stuff and wear rubber gloves. It is harsh stuff but works good.

I would also suggest to be sure and rinse your tires well after cleaning them with any soap ETC... Just a thought.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
2006FLSTNI said:
I use Spray on Shout full strength let sit for a few minutes then Mr Clean Eraser works great and no scrubbing ?prty:
HUGE :thumbsup: on that one. I just used it last night on my 05' Road King Classic. MAN, looks like brand new white walls! Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

Ride safe all...........

·
Free agent
795 Posts
Shakedown said:
Yup, mr clean erasers. Some use Shout, I use simple green with it. Never been whiter.
I think any good quality cleaner with either an SOS pad or Mr. Clean erasers will do a great job. The key is frequency!! Don't let them get so bad that you have to chip away the dirt. I clean mine fairly frequent and they look new. Also..get some Lyndall brake pads if you experience a lot of brake dust. I had a set of EBC's on my bike and after 300 miles, I went back to Lyndalls. The brake dust was incredibily heavy on the EBC's. My whitewalls hated it! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clean whitewalls

CRC Lectra-Motive electrical parts cleaner on a soft rag is the easiest way to clean discolored whitewalls. Just wash with soapy water afterward and rinse well. BlecheWhite is good but will attach alloy wheels if not rinse off quickly. I spray BlechWhite in a coffee cup and paint it on the whitewall with a basting bruch to avoid spraying on the wheel or paint. Let it sit for a minute and scrub off. I've had no problems with electrical parts cleaner on the tire.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Charcoal Lighter fluid

I've read this before and I'll repost it, use charcoal lighter fluid on a rag. No scrubbing needed. Its cheap and fast.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
blackcherry said:
Westley's Bleche-Wite (yeah, that IS the correct spelling) works well - nasty stuff in a good kind of way. Strips all the oxidized gunk off without a lot of work. Whitewalls are bright white, blackwalls are deep black, etc.
I agree westley's bleche-wite is good stuff. I have used it on my bike and cars for years.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts