V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my bike, the mechanics at the dealer were using brake cleaner to get them white. I have to believe that a chemical like that is not good to use on rubber. With my shorty duals, the bottom pipe spits out alot of carbon on the tire so it takes constant maintenance to keep it clean, so whats the best product for them that wont hurt my tires and rims?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
SOS pad definitely works. Kept my front white wall clean for 18,500 miles.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Carrie said:
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! Works wonders! ;)
:thumbsup: ...and with SHOUT Action Gel it is even better! Get the SHOUT at your local grocer.

·
Grumpy Tricycle Pilot
219 Posts
Westley's Bleche-Wite (yeah, that IS the correct spelling) works well - nasty stuff in a good kind of way. Strips all the oxidized gunk off without a lot of work. Whitewalls are bright white, blackwalls are deep black, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gave the SOS pads a try and man they worked awesome, I think my tires are cleaner than when I picked the bike up from the dealer! Ill try the Bleche White next I think.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I solved my dirty white wall problems by going to black walls!! But before that, I used Dawn dishwashing degergent. Cuts grease in the sink and on the bike! Really.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Bleche-Wite here. Good stuff.
Me too! I may have to give the SOS pad or the Mr. Clean thingie a try though - it's always a pain to try and get the Bleche-Wite sprayed on the tire without getting it all over everything else...

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Black shoe polish.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts