V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
kenz said:
Which 2 into 1 is better White Brothers e series or Supertrapp?
Doc said that the E Series was probably one of the best performing pipe ever, they can stll be found new but it gets harder everyday. Porker Industries bought out White Bros...maybe they'll bring'em back? The Supertrapp's a decent pipe too but if I had a choice...E Series.

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
When Kerry Bryant left the WB things went downhill (KB was the R&D guru there and teamed with former SuperTrapp people to design the E series disc)
Soon after, Dan White sold out to Tom, then Tom sold out and that was the nail in the coffin for WB.

The E series disc was a decent copy of the engineering that Dr Moller designed into the original disc however, several intricate areas were looked over in the WB design that did not allow the specific scavenging that the Trapp disc did.
All in all the E series was a good headpipe design which used a equally good megaphone, it was the second best pipe I ever tested (back in the day).

IF you get one from E Bay DO NOT overtighten the disc allen screws THAT was one of several downfalls of the WB design.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a used white brothers and bought it because the price was right. I figured I could resell if I decide not to use. If I do use it would you use the snuff r not or just take out the solid disc and run open. I'm going to be putting a 100" S&S on my '97 FLHT. thanks

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Kenz,

I love my SuperTrapps. Take a look at my signature to see them on my bike. They sound great and aren't overly loud, although they growl nicely when you nail the throttle. They don't give me a headache like my SE Pro II's used to at highway speeds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
kenz said:
I found a used white brothers and bought it because the price was right. I figured I could resell if I decide not to use. If I do use it would you use the snuff r not or just take out the solid disc and run open. I'm going to be putting a 100" S&S on my '97 FLHT. thanks

Hey Ken,
I attempted to contact you,don't know if you got the message, but those new e-series mufflers are being listed on e-bay, am told starting bid will be $300.
good luck
gnat

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Steam, I got your message and called on them I thought you were talking about a 2 into 1, not slip on's Thanks for the help though, if you come across a 2 into1 or especially heat shields let me know!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Been out of the loop. Have E-Series on my current bike, and just ordered a new bike so thinking about the next one. Didn't know they were going away. Time to start looking for something different I guess.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
FLHP said:
Been out of the loop. Have E-Series on my current bike, and just ordered a new bike so thinking about the next one. Didn't know they were going away. Time to start looking for something different I guess.
Bassani Road Rage!!!:bowdwn:

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
kenz said:
Sorry, been away dyno'in new machines.

The Snuff was designed to work on a dirt bike, it just does not flow enough to be used on a road bike. IF I remember the WB ran the best with the stock closed end cap and 12~14 discs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't know if the snuf er not would achieve the same goal as with the open end cap. What are your thoughts on AR cones?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts